Home General Discussion

Cigar.com/Cigars International?

Comments

• puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Ok so Im gonna add my >2cents lol I just started ordering from online when I created this account. I have never ordered one thing online prior. So my first order upon recommendation was with ccom. The service was perfect and delivery was prompy sealed and with a humi pack. I seen a deal on ci a few days later and jumped on it with out thinking and was sent with matches and very fast. Also came witha catalog but no humi pack. I was looking for an egg to bomb a fellow botl and found a good deal at famous smoke. I set up an account and ordered some cigars. No humi pack, did get a catalog, and delivery was fast. No complaints but I do see the extra mile ccom took with my order to maintain humidity. I then got caught up on cbid and placed 4 different bids(divorce attorney needed) one all four shipped promptly, no humi pack no catalog no matches. I then seen some bueso on mmao a affiliate of ci and put in a bid and won that. Shipped with ci catalog and matches no humi. Overall I like ccom service and care for cigars. I also enjoy hunting the different sites for different deals on cigars I like. But if the deal is the same at ccom then they will be first to none in my opinion. And as far as if there the same who cares.

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Relatively new to cigars but here is my experience: First order came and was great. Now that i am doing the ordering i was looking around for samplers that included the AB Tempus since that was the latest cigars that i went bonkers over and hadn't smoked anything else like it since but didn't find many samplers with that particular smoke in the packs. I checked at CI, FS, THOMP, and Holts. I sent requests to each about one and the only the FS rep sent back an answer and it basically was get the AB sampler because if you like the Tempus you will like the rest. I didn't hit up C.com during that round because i saw on here that you could contact a rep directly and see if they could put something together for you and i was waiting to see what the others said. I contacted Andy and he was very responsive but asked that I try out a few more so that he had something to work with. That was a week or so ago and i hadn't responded back yet because i was sick. I got a follow up from him asking if i had a chance to try any and offered his suggestions on what to try from my B&M. I explained that i was sick and he was good enough to email back giving me wishes on good health. It was a very nice personal note that I appreciated and will reward with online business. I doubt i will be buying from any other online retailer.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    puffmaster:
    Ok so Im gonna add my >2cents lol I just started ordering from online when I created this account. I have never ordered one thing online prior. So my first order upon recommendation was with ccom. The service was perfect and delivery was prompy sealed and with a humi pack. I seen a deal on ci a few days later and jumped on it with out thinking and was sent with matches and very fast. Also came witha catalog but no humi pack. I was looking for an egg to bomb a fellow botl and found a good deal at famous smoke. I set up an account and ordered some cigars. No humi pack, did get a catalog, and delivery was fast. No complaints but I do see the extra mile ccom took with my order to maintain humidity. I then got caught up on cbid and placed 4 different bids(divorce attorney needed) one all four shipped promptly, no humi pack no catalog no matches. I then seen some bueso on mmao a affiliate of ci and put in a bid and won that. Shipped with ci catalog and matches no humi. Overall I like ccom service and care for cigars. I also enjoy hunting the different sites for different deals on cigars I like. But if the deal is the same at ccom then they will be first to none in my opinion. And as far as if there the same who cares.
    If you see a deal somewhere else, give a rep here a shout. They might be able to hook you up.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • puffmasterpuffmaster Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    puffmaster:
    If you see a deal somewhere else, give a rep here a shout. They might be able to hook you up.
    I did on an item and the rep did take care of me I just dont like being that guy hastling the rep for price matching! BUt if there willing too I have a huge order lol

#DE4L #StillPuffin

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaelaria said:
    The listed officers of both companies, at separate addresses, is: Officers Name: KEITH MEIER Title: President Name: JOHN DEMARCO Title: Vice President They are two separate companies under the same ownership.
    I dug this old post up after hearing reports of people getting shipments now from Meier and Dutch when they order from CCOM or CI.  Looks like Keith Meier has always been involved.  I just got a package from the Devil's Site labeled from Meier and Dutch so I was curious.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    kaelaria said:
    The listed officers of both companies, at separate addresses, is: Officers Name: KEITH MEIER Title: President Name: JOHN DEMARCO Title: Vice President They are two separate companies under the same ownership.
    I dug this old post up after hearing reports of people getting shipments now from Meier and Dutch when they order from CCOM or CI.  Looks like Keith Meier has always been involved.  I just got a package from the Devil's Site labeled from Meier and Dutch so I was curious.
    You should look into getting a licensed vendor account from them and then you'll really find out the truth.  I looked into it years ago.
    And you really got my hopes up because I was reading this as if it were a new thread thinking, "Hey!  Here's all my old buddies posting on here again!!!"
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, all of the companies are subsidiaries/divisions of STG (Scandanavian Tobacco Group) OR Swedish Match. 

------------------------------------------------------------

STG & Swedish Match merged the majority of their business in 2010.
    (LINK to Press Release)

Some articles say the US operations (aka CigarsInternational) are still retained by SM.
    Others say the US operations have since been merged to STG. 

So I'm not 100% sure which is correct.

------------------------------------------------------------

REGARDLESS .....
    STG is a giant global tobacco conglomerate which owns, among other things:

1) General Cigar Holdings (cigar manufacturer)
    2) Meier & Dutch (wholesale distributor)
    3) CigarsInternational (retail stores & catalog/internet sales)

(LINK to Press Release)
    (LINK to Wikipedia Article)

And either STG or SM owns:
    4) Cigar.com (catalog/internet sales)
    5) PipesAndCigars.com (catalog/internet sales)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

I've just always viewed them as different arms of the same tree.  They each offer something a little different.  Ccom obviously specializes in awesome customer service and a little more fancy interface.  CI offers less service, more deals.  Cbid offers no service and crazy prices.  It's a brilliant way to target every demographic of cigar smokers. 
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just always viewed them as different arms of the same tree.  They each offer something a little different.  Ccom obviously specializes in awesome customer service and a little more fancy interface.  CI offers less service, more deals.  Cbid offers no service and crazy prices.  It's a brilliant way to target every demographic of cigar smokers. 
    I agree with your analogy.  It's like General Motors with Buick and Chevrolet as competitors.  Even though its the same owners, I stopped buying from CI because they jerked me over $15 and never tried to make it right.  That was four years ago.

When I told the ccom people about it, they said they wouldn't have refunded my money, but they would have given me some cigars.  That shows the difference in service!
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Well they do share warehouse space.
    But they both had the same site issues at the same time.

I won't make anymore purchases until my box that was ordered nearly 3 weeks ago comes.

I sent a question to customer service about it, and all I got was some form letter that in no way answered my question.

I spent thousands of dollars since last summer at CI, only to be blown off now.

I'm guessing they don't want my business anymore.

All my order history has vanished.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when that happens.

Thanks Jon
    Well they do share warehouse space.
    But they both had the same site issues at the same time.

I won't make anymore purchases until my box that was ordered nearly 3 weeks ago comes.

I sent a question to customer service about it, and all I got was some form letter that in no way answered my question.

I spent thousands of dollars since last summer at CI, only to be blown off now.

I'm guessing they don't want my business anymore.

All my order history has vanished.

sounds like a politician wrote that email response you got from CI......

no concrete answers or information....just blah blah blah babble

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just got this from ccom, at least they know they haven't shipped it, lol:

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through the backlog created by our warehouse management systems upgrade. The shipment of your order has been delayed. The warehouse fulfillment team has your order and is retrieving one or more of the items on your order from overstock. We expect to have your order picked, packed and shipped in the next day or so.

Sincerely,

David Fisher

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the things that bugged the tar out of me with my ex was that when I screwed up, she always inferred motive.  Even if I simply forgot, she'd say, "You must not care very much, or you would've remembered."

I hate it when people assume my motives and intentions, so I try to not do that to other people, and now I have to learn how to do that with a business.  It's understandable that customers are pissed about this major snafu.  My position would be to give them as much slack as we can; it's obvious they didn't plan for this to happen, and hopefully they're doing all they can to correct things.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just got this from ccom, at least they know they haven't shipped it, lol:

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through the backlog created by our warehouse management systems upgrade. The shipment of your order has been delayed. The warehouse fulfillment team has your order and is retrieving one or more of the items on your order from overstock. We expect to have your order picked, packed and shipped in the next day or so.

Sincerely,

David Fisher
    So you don't think they are the same. They must pick,pack, and ship the same way
    peter4jc said:
    One of the things that bugged the tar out of me with my ex was that when I screwed up, she always inferred motive.  Even if I simply forgot, she'd say, "You must not care very much, or you would've remembered."

I hate it when people assume my motives and intentions, so I try to not do that to other people, and now I have to learn how to do that with a business.  It's understandable that customers are pissed about this major snafu.  My position would be to give them as much slack as we can; it's obvious they didn't plan for this to happen, and hopefully they're doing all they can to correct things.
    Yeah.  Even though I have some cigars in limbo I've tried to not get pissed about it.  All the companies in Bethlehem have been really good to me through the years so they've definitely earned some extra patience with me.  I just hope they're not driving too many new customers away with this whole warehouse problem they're having.
  • cgbgcgbg Posts: 4

fwiw my February order from cigar.com has arrived.

My February order from CI is now eighteen days and counting....so it sounds like some but not all of the backlog has cleared.

I am stunned about it _because_ both have had excellent customer service for many years--and this was just unexpected.     My first order from CI was in 2004, never took more than a week for any order to arrive--and you don't want to know how many cigars I have bought since then  :-)

Business note to "common owner":

(1) Beta test software upgrades--not some of the time, all the time.

(2) If the upgrade is not ready, don't launch it.

(3) Communicate with your customers--tell "why" you have the problem and "what" you are doing to address it.   (Example: "We messed up.  We upgraded our ____ software before properly beta testing it.  I know, dumb.   Please forgive us--we are working through the problem.  Here are the steps we are taking to fix it.....")

(4) Stop taking new orders until you fix the old ones.

(5) Your customers _are_ your business--repeat it until you believe it.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never bad mouth Ccom, they have been too good to me. 
    AHEM and BUT
    I would be getting some answers from who ever wrote the new software.
    Old sayings by the communications and security program writers (and others), "Just because you can does not mean you should", and "Test, Test and Retest", and "If it works don't fix it" and my personal favorite, "Bells and Whistles look good but they don't help unless your trying to sell it".
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to say I've always gotten pretty good service from pretty much all the online guys but there are 2 I won't use. One was the first outfit I ever used freaking T******ns that was an awful time, finally told them don't call, email me or send me anymore mail or I'd take it to my lawyer. The other was F****s because they tried to tell my buddy the mold covering all his cigars when he got them was plume. 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Rhamlin said:
    I'm happy to say I've always gotten pretty good service from pretty much all the online guys but there are 2 I won't use. One was the first outfit I ever used freaking T******ns that was an awful time, finally told them don't call, email me or send me anymore mail or I'd take it to my lawyer. The other was F****s because they tried to tell my buddy the mold covering all his cigars when he got them was plume. 
    I used the t word company few time starting out, then I ordered a sampler that was in stock and then was told (3 weeks later) it was backordered. Took me 4 months to get it. F***s, c.com, and CI I have never had a problem with. Of course unlike you guys I have my CAS under control and do not order as often.  :D
    edited March 2017
    Ok so the story gets weird.
    To recall.  
    I ordered a box of amazon basin on 2/18
    On 3/6 I cancelled the order, I will post a screenshot of it.

They shipped it anyways without responding, and I received it on 3/20

Today I look at my account, and see that my cancelation request has been deleted.  Here's another screenshot.

WTF CI?
    The other 2 cancelation requests are still there but the one submitted on 3/6 is mysteriously missing.

I have spent thousands of dollars at that site in the last 6 months.

I am done.  I wont give them another cent.
    WT actual F?

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That first screen shot doesn't show a cancelled order. If you have a picture of after you actually cancelled it, you could fight it.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    edited March 2017
    @Wylaff
    Look closer, under the words customer service.

Here I'll enlarge for you....

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a link to cancel the order. Once cancelled it reads "cancelled order" as shown with the other cancelled ones in pic #2.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    edited March 2017
    Oh I know...they haven't responded to any customer service inquiries since February 
    But my point is.....they deleted it.
    It's gone as if it never existed.

Oh I know...they haven't responded to any customer service inquiries since February 
    But my point is.....they deleted it.
    It's gone as if it never existed.
    @Sketch6995 ; dispute it with your credit card company. 
    explain to them what happened and they should remove the charge from your account. 
    after that, they'll deal with recovering the money from CI/CCOM

@jgibv
    I used paypal.  But I'm just gonna keep it. 
    Ill be ordering from somewhere else from now on.
    No more CI

@jgibv
    I used paypal.  But I'm just gonna keep it. 
    Ill be ordering from somewhere else from now on.
    No more CI
    ahh i see.  i've never tried to dispute a charge with paypal, but would be interested to see how they handle it. 

(visa, discover, and amex were a breeze to deal with the 1 time my wallet got stolen.)

and yes, i agree. 
    too many other good retailers out there, with competitive prices & solid deals. 
    it's hard to put up with this type of trouble when there's a lack of communication from the company, and difficulty reaching customer service.