Home General Discussion

World's Largest Cigar Store

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Last Saturday I visited the "World's Largest Cigar Store". At 7200 square feet the new Outlaw Cigar Co. in Overland Park, Kansas is truly a thing of beauty. They were hosting a Cusano event and when they have an event they do it right.

Calendar girls great you when you walk in. HUGE walk in humidor. Probably the biggest I have ever seen sits right in front of you when you walk in. They had 4 kinds of beer on tap and not cheap junk beer. It was all fancy beer which really isn't my thing. They had a pig roast and served food. Many hundreds of people packed the entire building. Two lounges each featured 3 giant flat screen televisions with tons of leather chairs and seating available. Rear lounge had a poker table. Bar area with a full kitchen. huge walk in room lined with humidor lockers.

Did I mention all of this was free? Not the cigars and humidor lockers but free food and beer. If you are interested check out their website at www.outlawcigar.com and you can see all the pics. My words don't do it justice. Open invitation to any BOTL who passes through KC. Contact me when you visit and I will buy you a stick.

Comments

• kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Wow ....... that place is quite impressive ...... it would have been awesome to be there for an event ....... I'd be walking around with the flag at full mast ........ Thats my dream ........ to do something just insanely off the reservation like that.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Kinda sounds like it was a mini version of The Big Smoke out in Vegas ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I wish we had something like that around here. That looks freakin awesome.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you guys know I plan on attending every event this year. The cool thing is they have 2 stores now. The event is held at one on Friday and the other on Saturday so if you are busy one day you can still go. I have never been to such an amazing event. I would love to go to one of the huge shows when the economy turns around.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Just so you guys know I plan on attending every event this year. The cool thing is they have 2 stores now. The event is held at one on Friday and the other on Saturday so if you are busy one day you can still go. I have never been to such an amazing event. I would love to go to one of the huge shows when the economy turns around.
    we had something like that here in GA back in Nov. It was a pretty big event, lots of food, lots of cigar reps, plus 20% off cigars! Got a couple auto graphs from Rocky, and a bunch of free stuff from the raffles and reps. It was lots of fun so I know how you feel!

"Long ashes my friends."

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are making me so jealous! Ithaca is very centrally isolated so there is nothing of that scale anywhere near here. There are a couple of small cigar lounges in Syracuse, about an hour and a half away but I don't get a chance to go.

I teach in Syracuse two days a week, but by the time I get out of class they are closed and I have back to back classes during the day, so I can't sneak off. Bummer!
  • OldsguyOldsguy Posts: 11
    I haven't been to their new store yet but heard lots about it. I have been to a couple of their monthly events that they have had at their older store and those events were similar, free food and beer, etc. If they were closer it would probably be worth it to visit them more often and like any place else, the more you go the more you are accepted as a regular, the more you feel at home and like the place. The staff at their older store has a reputation in my circle of smoking friends of being not too friendly but knowledgeable, wonder what the new store staff would be like???