Home Ratings & Reviews

CAO Gold Maduro Churchill

Wow! This was a good smoke. Well constructed and it lit well. Good draw. I was initialy impressed with the light smoke and mild spice I am used to when smoking the Gold. As I puffed along I really enjoyed the richness the maduro wrapper lended to the smoking experience. As I got about midway through the stick, the smoke picked up a little. It was almost harsh. I purged it, dug in, slowed down, and then the cigar came full circle on me. The smoke was rich but mild. It was spicey, but smooth. As I smoked down to the last third of the cigar, the finish had a natural sweetness. In fact it just got sweeter and sweeter untill I nubbed my first cigar in a long time. I tell you the finish on this cigar left me wanting more. I am convinced a box in my cabinet aging will only make for more nubbings in a year or two or three.

Comments

• jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    I've smoked a few Golds (which I enjoy very much) but not one with a maduro wrapper. I'm sure I'm due. This review helps me get a sneak peek to the experience. Thanks!
  • matt.hickeymatt.hickey Posts: 54
    Great review. Did you have a book out to write this down as you smoked? I only hope that my cigar reviews are as detailed as this in the future. I am about to undertake my Gurhka Cigar Review. We will have to see in the morning if it is up to the re-light challenge sadly. I couldn't finish it before I had to leave home for work, and I can't smoke and walk in uniform to work :( Thanks for the review I may have to get a couple myself! -Matt
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    matt.hickey:
    Great review. Did you have a book out to write this down as you smoked? I only hope that my cigar reviews are as detailed as this in the future. I am about to undertake my Gurhka Cigar Review. We will have to see in the morning if it is up to the re-light challenge sadly. I couldn't finish it before I had to leave home for work, and I can't smoke and walk in uniform to work :( Thanks for the review I may have to get a couple myself! -Matt
    Matt, u shouldn't have a problem relighting it if you do it right. I had to do that with my legend churchhill. just cut the burnt end, blow out whatever ash might be in what's left, light it, blow through it a couple times before drawing smoke and u should be fine.