Home Non Cigar Related

Trapping

we have any trappers on the forum? i want to start a trapline this winter for some extra cash but i dont know anything about it and there are no sporting goods stores that have anything to do with traps. I also need to think up some ideas for my bday wishlist next month! haha thanks fellas.

Comments

• nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I'm known for relocating the possums in my trailer park...I don't usually use a trap, I always catch cats with traps...
  • nsezell:
    I'm known for relocating the possums in my trailer park...I don't usually use a trap, I always catch cats with traps...
    If you don't use a trap than what in the hell do you use??
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Alex Williams:
    nsezell:
    If you don't use a trap than what in the hell do you use??
    Bare hands and a cigar.
  • I tell you what, possums are mean sons of ****. I knew a guy whose hound got in a tussle with on and it tore him up bad! Worse than a **** which is sayin somethin!
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I usually throw a bucket over them for 10 minutes or so, till I can get some gloves on, then if you pick em up by the tail they usually hang limp. Sometimes they try to climb back up their own body and get ya, but most of the time they just pretend to be dead. Then I throw them into a kennel in the bed of my truck and haul em outta town...
  • SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    My uncle when I was younger, caught a baby opossum and kept it as a pet. Even older it wasn't too terribly mean, but the thing hated dogs.