Home Non Cigar Related

WOO HOO IM BACK (pics)

Just got power back! Had to sleep at the officer for a while then came home to darkness haha but now the power is back and I can return to the forums. I snapped a few photos with the iphone to let you all enjoy the snow!

My humble abode.

The tundra got buried!

Hope you guys enjoy! now I can fire up a stick and enjoy now that all the snow is gone!

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    That's not that bad.
    BTW sleeping in the office sucks!

• It is when your in Alabama and our road dept has no sand or salt for the roads lol. plus no one took any steps to winterize any infrastructure.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I take it back... it's the end of the world.
  • Crusader1545:
    It is when your in Alabama and our road dept has no sand or salt for the roads lol. plus no one took any steps to winterize any infrastructure.
    how much snow did y'all get? We got like 4 inches in vestavia. CRAZY weather but I really enjoyed it!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    You guys realize the people who live up North are gonna come and make fun of you for that 4" comment, right? I used to live in MI - unless it's over a foot deep, it's a sprinkling; school doesn't get cancelled unless it's over 2 feet. Now that I'm down south, my blood's as thin as water and 60F has me under 2 blankets when I used to consider 50F shorts-and-a-t-shirt weather :(
  • haha ya i know but that is the most we have gotten since the blizzard of 93 so its a big deal to us! i love the cold so everyone thought i was weird when it was 40 and i was in a t shirt haha
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    "The tundra got buried!" LMFAO! That's like an inch of snow!
  • haha not all of us have the joy of living up north!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    right now my yard has 26 inches of snow. akron ohio has had 27+
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Hell we had a foot of snow here in Dallas last week. Most people didn't have to go to work the next day, but that's not a luxury I have with my job. We have to be there no matter what... I'm thinking I might want to be a banker or insurance salesman at times. haha
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    nice pics, we got about 4 inches too in GA.

"Long ashes my friends."

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I live in Massachusetts and will say no more. (Other than, "Buried"? I don't think so.. LMAO)
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    As a kid, I got to visit my Grandparents in Iowa amost every year at Christmas. One year, it snowed and snowed, and one morrning we opened the front door and all we could see was snow - it had snowed so much it was up past the front porch to the roof line. That's about as much snow as I'd ever care to see.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    We have had some nice 70+ days here this past weekend and into today. Looks like the cold weather (freezing temps) returns by Thursday and through Sat morning. Been unusually cold here this winter. Many sub freezing nights since New Years. BTW, what is snow?
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Yup... here in wisconsin... thats a dusting not worth a blip on the news weather coverage, lol.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'm with you man, people in the south are not prepped for snow, lol. It has snowed three times this winter so far here in LA, and you should see the locals. They haven't seen snow at all in years, then three times in one season? They are losing their minds, lol.
  • yea they are lol....no bread or mil in stores or canned goods the weather man can just THINK it May possibly snow and schools will close around here haha.