Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Earlier in the evening I settled down with a glass of iced tea and a Camacho Triple Maduro robusto. This cigar started off pretty strong out of the gates and was quite the beast of a smoke> It did mellow out roughly an inch in and gave way to some light pepper. I'm glad I had eaten a little something before hand. This cigar draws well, construction is immaculate and the clouds of smoke from this cigar were enough to set off smoke detectors three houses down :).

If you like a rich smoke and you really like maduro, pick up one of these babies... as long as you don't mind parting with about $15.

Joe
  • Options
    I had my first A. Fuente Hemingway (Short Story) today. All I know is that i will be buying more of these in the near future. I thought I was going to burn my fingers, I didn't want to stop smoking it.
  • Options
    Let's see - A new Cusano was first on the chopping block. This cigar is fantastic! I can't wait to see more of them... Right now a new one from Alec Bradley, the Maxx Traditional - a lot different from his old stuff but really good. A lot of good cigars are coming up. Tihs seems to be one of them - the aroma is great
  • Options
    carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    Speedie- A. Funente Hemingway Short Story is an awesome some. You would never guess all of that flavor would come from such a little smoke until you try one. Those have a permanat spot in my humidor. Actually, any A. Fuente has a spot in my humidor. Such awesome smokes.
  • Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I'm with speedie and carmike.....Hemingway Short Story is a mighty fiine smoke.
    Cigarsmoka, I curious...which new Cusano were you talking about?
    And for me, last night was a Cameroon Nub...not bad, just prefer the Habano.
  • Options
    pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Gurka Beast. Might be the last one in my Humi. Didn't see anymore without digging all the way to the bottom. Oh well, can"t take em with you and these are good.
  • Options
    I started two cigars this evening, didn't finish either one. First up was an Indian Tabac non pariel robusto, I wasn't impressed upon first lighting and about 1 1/2 inches in the sour taste was too much for me. So, I decided I'd light up something else, perhaps something with a bit more body and flavor, when I opened my humi the Onyx Reserve mini belicosos I had in the bottom caught my eye so I grabbed one and headed outside. Upon lighting the Onyx I noticed the draw to be a bit tight... well, plugged is probably a better description. I took a nail to it, but it just didn't recover and I found myself sucking furiously just to get a small mouthful of smoke and I was done with it.... I'm not very patient today.

So, I'm 0/2 on the day... bummer.

Joe
  • Options
    This morning it"s a CAO MX2 with the morning coffee.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

Had a couple today. Tried a Oliva G  Cameroon tubo. Cigar had a great taste, but never could get a good draw going. Going to try another one, but a smaller size. Finished the night with a CAO Italia. Really, really liked the cigar. Think this will have a permanent place in my humidor.

• Options
    Beautiful weather always makes me smoke more! Started off the day with an Oliva O robusto - excellent cigar. Had a Gran Habano #3 torpedo this afternoon and it was a good cigar. Finished the night with a Gurka Maduro 101 Churchhill - was also very tasty. 3 for 3 today.
  • Options
    phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    Last night I had a Oliva Master Blend 2 from 2005. The burn wasw good and the draw was great, but the I did not care for the flavor. It was dark and complex, but too much dark cocoa and over roasted coffee and no sweetness to balance it out. Kind of like eating a piece of unsweetened chocloate. It might be made from the best chocolate, but without the right other ingrediants to balance it out; it will not taste good. I was fairly disapoineted with this stick. I have had it in the humi for a year and was really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    I was referring to a new one with a Sungrown wrapper - and there is another Cameroon wrapper one coming out. Both Awesome smokes - especially if you are a Cusano fan
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    cigarsmoka:
    I was referring to a new one with a Sungrown wrapper - and there is another Cameroon wrapper one coming out. Both Awesome smokes - especially if you are a Cusano fan
    These must be the ones that are in this weeks one day deal. You get 4 of each for $29.95. I'm thinking about getting it to try.
  • Options
    Rocky Patel Sun Grown tonight.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    5 vegas series A. this one is always in my humidor.
  • Options
    Did a couple last night. First was a Cuesta Rey Centro Sun Grown Toro. First time I smoked this label and it was fantastic, very full of flavor, excellent draw. Later I had a Gran Habano, 3 Siglo Fumas Robusto. OK, flavor wasn't very pronounced, but it grew on me. Got these from another provider and a great deal.
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    sdip:
    Did a couple last night. First was a Cuesta Rey Centro Sun Grown Toro. First time I smoked this label and it was fantastic, very full of flavor, excellent draw.

I had a Cuesta Rey Sungrown last week for the first time and I to thought it was phenominal. For a stick that I have not heard much about I was shocked at how great the whole experience was. Has anyone else tried this stick?
  • Options
    5 Vegas A. Nice everyday smoke.
  • Options
    Had a Padilla 1948 Lancero. Pretty good smoke. Maybe some more later.
  • Options
    Tonight I did a 5 Vegas Classic Robusto. As always, a great smoke.
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Just finished a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero. Very good. Not great but thouroughly enjoyable.
  • Options
    With the talk about the Camacho Triple "M" I was going to have one last night, but while rooting around the humi I found a stick I hadn't tried, Diamond Crown Maximus Double Corona #1 that has been sleeping since 11/06. Guess what got "smoked". Very, very nice cigar. Great burn, nice draw, plenty of smoke, nice combination of smooth, rich flavors. The only downside for me, the size "8' x 50".
  • Options
    Kicking back with a Rocky Patel Old World Reserve and a Crown and coke. Life is good.
  • Options
    I was going to try a Punch maduro rothschlld this afternoon, but when I clipped the cap the entire wrapper unraveled and came off, I think I accidentally cut too much of the cap. I attempted to smoke it without the wrapper, but it just didn't want to happen so I gave up on it. I still wanted a cigar so I grabbed a 5 Vegas shorty and I've got to say it was not as enjoyable as the last one I had... Perhaps due to the fact that I had more recently been smoking full flavor, full bodied cigars and the shorty just seemed weak... Still not a bad smoke by any means though.
  • Options
    Did a Puros Indios Anejado '03 Robuston this afternoon. Very nice cigar. Think it is my third and I have liked each one better than the last. Great value! Tonight I did a Punch Rare Corojo magnum. Really looked nice and was well constructed, but just didn't like the taste. Kind of bitter. Might just be too strong for me.
  • Options
    Outside here smoking a ITC 10th Anniversary by Rocky Patel with a rum and coke. Love this smoke. Almost as good as the Decade. Now just hoping that the Dallas Stars will pull off a win tonight and eliminate the Sharks.
  • Options

Beautiful weather in Chicago and lots of yardwork meant lots of cigars! Started out the day with a Fuentes Candela Churchill. Nice cigar, first time I tried a Candela. Had a Victor Sinclair Bohemian Robusto later. Have had a few and they have varied (same bundle). This one was very good and I could taste chocolate. After dinner I did a Cuban Monte Christo Edmundo. Great, great cigar with a slightly sweet taste. One of my favorites of all time. Then I finished with a H Uppman Vintage Cameroon Petite Corona. Another excellent cigar with a great burn. Really super cigar day for me.

• Options
    Beautiful day in New Orleans also. Today was the last day of JazzFest and I enjoyed a CAO MX2 and a 5 Vegas A while at the fest. Just got back and chilling out in the yard with a Cusano 18. All in all a very good day!
  • Options
    Out on the patio enjoying the end of the weekend I had a Partagas 160, very disappointing, then an RP Decade, loved the flavors, I enjoyed this one a lot.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    right now... 5 vegas classic. if its a good night ill get something else in. I may not though... its gettin late.