Home Non Cigar Related

Family is crazy.

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
Alright. My family is insane. I am very glad I'm in college, because their exploits seem funny from farther away. My younger sister now has a son of two years old (she's 19.) She called me from jail last night because she kicked some exboyfriend really hard in the balls or something. My grandfather, the same night, threw out a really expensive grill because it was 'rusty.' Our grill, not his, since he lives in our summer house. My brother is in a rough patch because he was nearly expelled. He's a great kid, and an amazing cook with a ride to the culinary institute of america, but he's had some problems with the people he hangs out with in the past. My grandfather (91) got into a drinking contest with my great uncle (85) and started a barfight, which they won, but still got into trouble for last week. I feel really bad for my parents. Also, my uncle flies for the corporation formally known as Blackwater, my aunt is a professional dog trainer, and my other aunts and uncles are professional failures. I don't really know why I'm posting this, but does anyone have a stranger family?

Comments

• ug danug dan Posts: 375
    no
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    betasynn:
    Alright. My family is insane. I am very glad I'm in college, because their exploits seem funny from farther away. My younger sister now has a son of two years old (she's 19.) She called me from jail last night because she kicked some exboyfriend really hard in the balls or something. My grandfather, the same night, threw out a really expensive grill because it was 'rusty.' Our grill, not his, since he lives in our summer house. My brother is in a rough patch because he was nearly expelled. He's a great kid, and an amazing cook with a ride to the culinary institute of america, but he's had some problems with the people he hangs out with in the past. My grandfather (91) got into a drinking contest with my great uncle (85) and started a barfight, which they won, but still got into trouble for last week. I feel really bad for my parents. Also, my uncle flies for the corporation formally known as Blackwater, my aunt is a professional dog trainer, and my other aunts and uncles are professional failures. I don't really know why I'm posting this, but does anyone have a stranger family?
    Pics or it didn't happen! LOL Hook me up with your Uncle's info. I almost went to work for them before their contracts didn't get renewed and the Iraqi Government kicked them out of the country.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    ug dan:
    no
    Hahaa - yep! Definitely no!
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    My family consist of two alcoholic parents who flushed their lives down the drains and now have nothing to their names, and a brother who has been expelled from school, in and out of rehab multiple times and is on his third strike of probation. So far I'm the only one who hasn't spent time in jail, be it for DWI's, possession, or domestic violence. Although I suppose they're not really crazy, just failures in general.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Damn dude, I'll light up a stick for both of you guys for being the only sane people in your families. That is pretty cool that your 91 year old grandpa still kicks ass though.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Garen B:
    That is pretty cool that your 91 year old grandpa still kicks ass though.
    Yeah man, that's fantastic. Two guys in the 80s/90s kicking ass in a bar? Count me in!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I got a couple black sheep, but nothing like this.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Old Roman proverb - If you can get along with your family, you can get along with anyone

Also, your family takes the cake - go have a cigar and thank your lucky stars you're in a better position

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    If you were to ask anyone in my family that question, they'd all point at me. You ask me that question, I'd have to say no... Anyways, for the last 7 years I have not given them anything to hang their head about..
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    You win!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my side is fine.

wife's side is a different story....
    father calls almost every day to tell us what he had for dinner and how many loads of laundry he did. he has been married 6 times and is currently dating his first wife who is not the mother of my wife. (thats the second wife)
    her mother should be on "Hoarders: buried alive" (no joke, its that bad)
    her step father (not for long) refuses to sign the divorce papers though he has moved out. he never goes anywhere without a gun and some weed. he is on probation and cant go to the family reunion (even if we wanted him there) because he cant leave the state.
    speaking of the family reunion... i actually saw my wife (before we got married) get hit on at that family reunion.
    my wife's uncle is a gay fashion designer that i suspect is colorblind. he threw a fit that we wanted to "elope" instead of have a wedding. so we had a wedding to keep him happy. he didnt show up.
    her other uncle is too important to show up to the wedding, but he did buy us all our china we registered for to prove how important he was to our relationship. i have never met the man.
    my wife's brother is a used car salesman who looks like colonel sanders (yes, the KFC guy) with red hair. he is getting married to a girl that was bald (by choice) the first time i met her, and the second time i met her was thinking of joining a commune.

her grandmother is pretty cool though...
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    my side is fine.

father calls almost every day to tell us what he had for dinner and how many loads of laundry he did. he has been married 6 times and is currently dating his first wife who is not the mother of my wife. (thats the second wife)
    her step father (not for long) refuses to sign the divorce papers though he has moved out. he never goes anywhere without a gun and some weed. he is on probation and cant go to the family reunion (even if we wanted him there) because he cant leave the state.
    speaking of the family reunion... i actually saw my wife (before we got married) get hit on at that family reunion.
    my wife's uncle is a gay fashion designer that i suspect is colorblind. he threw a fit that we wanted to "elope" instead of have a wedding. so we had a wedding to keep him happy. he didnt show up.
    her other uncle is too important to show up to the wedding, but he did buy us all our china we registered for to prove how important he was to our relationship. i have never met the man.
    my wife's brother is a used car salesman who looks like colonel sanders (yes, the KFC guy) with red hair. he is getting married to a girl that was bald (by choice) the first time i met her, and the second time i met her was thinking of joining a commune.

That is crazy, but hey - Free China!

One of my wifes family members is rich beyond our imagination - 100 ft. yacht rich -- He stiffed us for our wedding -- THANKS buddy!

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    kuzi16:
    my side is fine.

That is crazy, but hey - Free China!

One of my wifes family members is rich beyond our imagination - 100 ft. yacht rich -- He stiffed us for our wedding -- THANKS buddy!

Being crazy is for poor people. When rich people do it, it's called being eccentric.