Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

5 Vegas red label

Well last nite as I was rummaging thru the humi. for a smoke I saw to my suprise I had some 5 Vegas red, went to the backyard and lit it up...boys and girls this in my opnion is one of the most relyable cigars on the market, the burn and ash is perfect everytime and is a good smoke everytime...I've never ran into one with burn issues or pull issues..perfect relyable and won't break the bank...so if you haven't tryed one buy a 5 pack and give her a go you won't be disappointed...

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Red eh?
  • Options
    Is this the Classic? Or is there a "Red" label?

I have some Classics, with the red label, hence the question. Thanks.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I'm fairly sure he's talking about the Classic. Its the only one in the line I've seen with a red label.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    5 Vegas Red eh?
    Maddy ...stop teasing.... Mark, The 5 Vegas Classic ( Red Label ) is a highly praised cigar on this forum.. I love 'em. And always keep a box on hand. Topredos are great, but my favorite is the Robusto..Low priced and taste Fantastic.. for novice and long timers as well. Try the: A" series for a bigger kick, as well as the Miami. Gold is a bit mild for me but many here do enjoy them as well.
  • Options
    CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    I got a box of the Classics donated by Alex for the party. I will be sure to tell you guys all about them! But seriously, they are a great cigar, with tons of flavor.
  • Options
    Never heard them referred to as Reds ... The classic is a damn good cigar.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've heard of it called the Red, but not much. I concur though, the Classic is, um well, a classic. It is a cigar I'd proudly give out to someone looking for something new and good to smoke.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Communists.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Pinkos
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yes
    red = classic

im not sure how 5 vegas themselves refer to that blend. im used to hearing them as "red" because thats what my dad calls em. well, " five vegas red" where as i call them "cinco vegas classic" six of one half a dozen of the other... either, either, neither, neither, tomato, tomato, .... lets call the whole thing off...
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    either, either, neither, neither, tomato, tomato, .... lets call the whole thing off...
    Doesn't work as well in typed format ...

I did find out an interesting fact did you know that 5 Vegas is a house brand. Its owned by a certain other cigar sales site that shares an address with Ccom.
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    either, either, neither, neither, tomato, tomato, .... lets call the whole thing off...
    Doesn't work as well in typed format ...

I did find out an interesting fact did you know that 5 Vegas is a house brand. Its owned by a certain other cigar sales site that shares an address with Ccom.
    That is interesting. I can get the 5 Vegas Gold at my local B&M. I wouldn't have thought that a B&M would buy an online retailer's house blend. You learn something new every day.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    CI owns 5 Vegas, but I wouldn't call it a house brand as they are sold through other vendors as well as themselves.
  • Options
    Hmm the thing I read said it is sold exclusively through them and their distribution company.
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    WOW I didn't relize that the 5 Vegas was a certian house blend, sorry about the confusion.....I guess I don't shop Cigar.com exculisivly...God my spelling sucks
  • Options
    mark, you can get it at Cigar.com. CI and Cigar.com have the same inventory.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    The 5 Vegas website lists 7 "retailers" (including CI and cigar.com) and also has a link to request wholesale information. Looks like any B&M could probably get the sticks direct from the manufacturer (if they agree to the terms/minimums or whatever the requirements are).

• Options
    madurofan:
    mark, you can get it at Cigar.com. CI and Cigar.com have the same inventory.
    Mostly.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Dug up this old thread because I just had my first 5 Vegas Classic today. And I must agree with the OP, this is a very solid stick, IMHO. Very smooth, medium-bodied, but full-flavored with lots of earth and spice. It was a lot stonger than I expected. It's no "morning smoke" that's for sure. I plan on purchasing a box of these for my buddy's wedding in Sept. (If he makes it! He has a bad track record of calling off weddings at the last minute!LOL!) Oh well, if I end up with the box to myself, it'll be worth it!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Nice, Indiana Jones.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    love the 5 vegas classic torpedo.. very tasty stick. Ive got a churchill resting and I hope to buy a box soon!
  • Options
    Yup. That's one of very few cigars I find is clearly at its best in the torpedo vitola.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    sightunseen:
    Nice, Indiana Jones.
    I hate to be cliche....but this made my laugh out loud!
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    so i just had this stick...never had a 5 vegas before...and heard it was good...my first light up...instant bitterness...after the first 3rd though it mellowed out and became quite smooth and pretty good...i have another i have one day...but would like to try the otehrs first