Home Cigar 101
Options

Propylene Glycol/Distilled Water

GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
Anyone know if Home Depot or someplace common has 50/50 solution for my new humi? I know I could get it online but I wanna start seasoning asap.

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    For seasoning, a shallow dish of distilled water inside the humi for a couple of days is enough- no PG needed. 50/50 solution comes into play when it's time to charge your humidifier. Personally, I would go with gel or beads for humidification.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Gentleman:
    Anyone know if Home Depot or someplace common has 50/50 solution for my new humi? I know I could get it online but I wanna start seasoning asap.
    PG is sold in pharmacies in Canada, no perscription required lol...this is what I use in all of my humis...I use 50% PG and 50% distilled water, pour them in to a cup, mix them up and fill humidification device, works like a charm to hold humidity constant.
  • Options
    sightunseen:
    For seasoning, a shallow dish of distilled water inside the humi for a couple of days is enough- no PG needed. 50/50 solution comes into play when it's time to charge your humidifier. Personally, I would go with gel or beads for humidification.
    I was planning on doing the distilled water in a cup thing while using 50/50 for my humidifier, and somewhere down the road switch to beads.
    Diamondog:
    PG is sold in pharmacies in Canada, no perscription required lol...this is what I use in all of my humis...I use 50% PG and 50% distilled water, poor them in to a cup, mix them up and fill humidification device, works like a charm to hold humidity constant.
    USA here but there are a few pharmacies close by that I could try, thanks for the info
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Gentleman:
    sightunseen:
    I was planning on doing the distilled water in a cup thing while using 50/50 for my humidifier, and somewhere down the road switch to beads.
    I picked up my PG at a local pharmacy and don't really have a need for it anymore because I've switched to beads. PM me your addy and I'll send it to you.
  • Options
    I'd take a bullet for you! pm sent
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah... beads make this question moot.
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Is there any difference between the Heartfelt beads and the Conserva-Gel Beads? I only ask because I need to pick up a lb and the conserva-gel is half the price.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Dustin1981:
    Is there any difference between the Heartfelt beads and the Conserva-Gel Beads? I only ask because I need to pick up a lb and the conserva-gel is half the price.
    The price is the only difference. I use the Conserva-gel beads and they rock.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    1 more for beads here. Happy to say that middle of last week marked the end of pucks for me. Couldn't be happier. I still have a bit of gel around and some pillow packs just in case there is an "overflow" emergency...
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Dustin1981:
    The price is the only difference. I use the Conserva-gel beads and they rock.
    I agree with Laker. I bought the Conserva-Gel beads and they even give you the mesh bags free. If you buy a pound, they offer two half-pound bags or one pound bag. For me, I use a half pound in each large humi and they work great at less than half the price.

I got the 65% beads because I like to keep my smokes about that level. They work like a charm!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have an entire bottle of PG I bought from the chemistrystore.com, I only used a little bit till I Switched to beads. If anyone needs it, maybe we can work out a trade.

"Long ashes my friends."