Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

LA Herencia Cubana?

anyone dig these smokes? That 24 hour deal is running out and it looks good! Any feedback would be great! I searched the fourm before I posted this time, didn't see any about them, thanks

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I just posted recently that I don't buy sticks in multiples. Although I've broken that rule on sticks that I know I like, because I enjoy sharing those with friends. I've never had La Herencia, but it said something about an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper and I blaced out. When I woke up, the One Day Deal was headed to my house.

The deal was too sweet to pass up. These sticks have to be worth $2 a pop for sure. And if not, I'll pass them to y'all in the Fun & Games ;) I have no doubt that I will enjoy them, because every single cigar I've smoked with an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper has received the highest possible overall rating from my custom scale.

You may want to seek a less-biased opinion :)
  • Options
    wow 36 views and one responce......I'm gettin the felling I'm not welcome here ! Oh well, bought them any way, thanks any how
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Celtic Rider:
    wow 36 views and one responce......I'm gettin the felling I'm not welcome here ! Oh well, bought them any way, thanks any how
    ... or nobody has tried them.
  • Options
    Big DanBig Dan Posts: 69
    which is very possible considering there is like 400 billion cigar companies and models and such ... when you get them please write a review and can u order them off ccom? why are you interested in this cigar
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've tried this cigar. I thought it was good, I'm finding more and more that I'm liking an EcSu wrapper, and this one delivered on what I expected. Picked up a box for cheap on auction a few weeks ago, for like $37, and it is more than worth it for that price.
  • Options
    is there a thread on wrappers or a good place to look to find out about different wrappers and wat they do? how much do they contribute to the cigar and the taste of the cigar how are they made is there different qualities? or different characteristics to look for?
  • Options
    There is not one particular thread I don't think, but rather quite a lot of discussion all over the boards. Your question cannot be answered simply, because there are so many factors that affect the taste of a cigar, and the wrapper is only one of those factors. How much a wrapper contributes to the overall taste, and this could be up for debate, depends on the size of the cigar. For example, a corona is skinnier than a robusto, therefore you will experience the flavor of the wrapper more on the corona than the robusto, and the same can be said about tasting the filler more on the robusto vs the corona.

Right now, I'm too tired to give much more than that, and quite frankly I'm just not knowledgeable enough to give a thorough explanation. I'll leave that part to the Jedi masters on the board.
  • Options
    haha thanx for the half asleep advice haha actually it was helpful bcuz u used sizes aswell and im trying to get those down and ive officially made a thread for this kind of chatter so we will see wat the jedis come up with
  • Options
    man I got to stop getting hammered and writeing stupid things! Sorry for being an A hole!
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Well this is the first time I've seen this post haven't been here in awhile and yes I've tried the Herencia Cubana and like them very much and will buy more in the future....I feel that they are a good full bodied cigar and recommend highly..
  • Options
    BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    this is that AJ fernandez cigar right? i like most of the things he has done i.e. Man O War hes getting his own brand out this year i think its something im looking forward to
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Celtic Rider:
    man I got to stop getting hammered and writeing stupid things! Sorry for being an A hole!
    You and me both brother... (/looking up my older posts)
  • Options
    BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    its so much fun tho
  • Options
    I finally tried this last night, in the Toro size. I wanted a good comparison with one of AJ Fernandez' other sticks, so I had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet (Torpedo) the night before. I am not very familiar with Eq. Sumatra wrappers, so I cannot offer much on how well this cigar stacks up with other EqSu sticks.

The overall construction and pre-light appeal was high. The light was easy and the burn surprisingly even, considering it was a very windy evening. My favorite factor in the construction was the cap, which looked like it might have been a Cuban style triple. At the very least, it was really well made.

The initial flavor had a lot of pepper to it. More like smoking a Don Pepin than a SC Cuban Cabinet, but not really overwhelming. Some sweetness still came through and developed until it was the dominant flavor by about 1/3 of the way through. I am assuming the extra sweetness compared to the SC Cuban Classic had to do with the EqSu wrapper, but again I do not know much about this style of wrapper. Through the meat of the cigar the flavor remained slightly sweet with a lot of nice woody flavor. Roughly comparable to the Cuban Cabinet in terms of fullness and flavor development.

Overall, I thought this was a great buy for the price. I will need to have a few more in order to decide which I prefer between this and the Cuban Cabinet. They are just different enough to make me want to buy both. I was pleased to find this as I consider it a hallmark of a good blender/manufacturer if his sticks don't all taste like the same thing with a different band.
  • Options
    lovolovo Posts: 1
    My first post in cigar.com!

Just had two cigars one last night and one tonight.
    I consider it a good smoke, not familiar with all the Ecuadorian wrappers but boy it burned incredibly even. Great experience of proper burning, and if you follow propper smoking you'll enjoy this cigar.
    Although I've got other favorites above this one, the price of $2.50 each was a great buy. On my scale of 1-to-10 I'll give it a 7.

• Options
    not to shabby! I got my deal of the day a little while back, and wanted them to sit for a little bit, they are good, but not fantastic. I don't know if I would ever buy a box, but overall a good smoke! Now on the other hand I got a great deal on some Gurkha Regents when I placed my order, and them bad boys I could smoke everyday for the rest of my life if they wernt so **** pricey! I love them! I've never had a bad Gurkha, maybe some burn issuies with the beast and titan but the Regents are great!
  • Options
    I ordered a box of these in the toro size because I was so impressed with them for their price point. They got here last night and I unpacked the box into my humidor. Every single cigar in the box has a flawless wrapper and cap, with excellent consistency in the wrapper leaf. I am really looking forward to smoking these after they sit a bit.

I'm also really looking forward to working my way through the AJ Fernandez sampler that came with them. I love the Cuban Cabinets and have been wanting to try Man'o'war.
  • Options
    LCarLCar Posts: 57
       I really have to get around to trying these...I've seen many good reviews on AJ Fernandez' cigars all over the threads here. I guess I've had my head in the Gurkha smoke for too long. hahaha. My next order...(when the cigar fund is replenished) will have to be some La Herencia Cubanas.
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with Gurkha smoke, that's for sure.

The Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet has long been a favorite of mine and was the first AJ Fernandez' offering I had. Having smoked a few now, I would place the La Herencia Cuban on the same appeal level, although they are surprisingly different cigars. The LHC's start off with a bit of spice upon lighting, but it is less strong than the Cuban Cabinets. Both cigars have a similar earthy flavor throughout, but where they are really distinct is in the slight sweetness of the LHC. It is not overpowering like some Sumatra wrapped cigars, but rather a subtle compliment to the earthy, peaty flavor which dominates. They don't evolve much through the burn, other than the loss of the initial spice, but that's not necessarily bad.

As for the sampler, it was also my first opportunity to experience the Man O' War. This is not the super heavy full cigar that the description would have you believe it is, but it is definitely a few notches above the Cuban Cabinet or LHC on the fullness scale. I'd place it somewhere in the middle of the Don Pepin Garcia strength range, for comparison. The easiest description I can think of for the Man O' War, having only smoked one, is that it is very much like a fuller bodied version of the LHC. It has a similar earthy flavor profile, but kicked up a notch. The thing that impressed me most was that the subtle sweetness was not lost to the increased intensity. The Ecuadorian Habano wrapper on these things is amazing and, I suspect, largely responsible for the flavor profile remaining so well balanced despite the extra strength.

Overall, the three cigars in the AJ Fernandez sampler are among my favorite sticks right now, and each is well worth their price.
  • Options
    LCar, just don't expect a cigar that will knock your socks off, or you'll be disappointed. The Herencia is a good, solid performer and it had a pretty good taste, but a great cigar it is not....more alone the lines of a 5 Vegas Classic in my opinion, which is not a bad thing as I happen to love the Classic.
  • Options
    LCarLCar Posts: 57

Hmm...ok then, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the info Joe, and for the description Scott.