Home Ratings & Reviews

Black Puro

Well, to be honest...at first this cigar scared me a little. I am pretty new to cigars, and I would say I am more of a fan of the mild and medium bodied cigars...so when I saw the even the Titans (couldn't pass these up with the great deal c.com had on them) in my humi pale in comparison to the dark maduro wrapper of the Black Puro...I expected the worst. I must say, you cant judge a book by its wrapper...or something to that effect. The Black Puro was phenominal. It had a peppery flavor in the beginning, that was consistent but not overpowering through the first half, and then it had more of a leather flavor with hints of cedar. I dont think I could smoke one of those every day, but I will certainly smoke one again. For a cigar that I thought for certain I would hate, it packed a great flavor punch that wasn't so strong and harsh that it made me sick to my stomach. (wretched camacho 1962)

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dark does not equal strong. in fact, of two cigars, one maduro one natural of the same growing region, both with the same filler and binder, the maduro cigar will be MILDER and a bit sweeter.

BTW the camacho 1962 is one of my favorites. its nto even camachos strongest by any means.
    try the diploma....
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kuzi16:
    BTW the camacho 1962 is one of my favorites.
    Mine, too. I just ordered a box of the perfectos.
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    hmm dark is not always strong so does that mean light is not always mild? so how are you supposed to kno wats wat?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    how do you know whats what? two ways:
    look it up beforehand
    try em.

the camacho havanna series is way stronger than a macanudo maduro. the camacho is lighter in this case.
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    ya good point ive figured out that most ppl at the local shops even the specialty ones in my area hustle me cuz im younger and inexperienced or they dnt have a clue whats going on. so i guess im just going to stick with ordering online because its not only cheaper but better and more descriptive