Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Beast Cigar

Has anyone seen him online latley? Won a contest from him about 3-4 weeks ago, haven't received it yet.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    He disappeared from the forum around the same time that contest ended. Not sure what happened, but he said he was a friend of an old member here. I think it was The Cank. Maybe get his help and track him down?
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know Brett (The Cank) pretty well so I sent him a PM letting him know that you are looking for his buddy James (Beastcigar). I know James' work schedule is hectic but that really ain't an excuse. Hope he contacts you soon.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully, Cank or Beast gets back in contact with you, bige.

I know I'm hijacking the thread for just a bit, but it's semi-related. I was contacted by a BOTL about my PIF package three business days ago with the confirmation number, but USPS still says the package doesn't exist. No package sent (from him), and no destination (to me). Should I be concerned?
  • bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    Thanks for sending Cank a msg didn't even think about it. I know work can be crazy I work 2 8hr shifts and 3 16hr shifts a week. If I say I'm going to give someone something I make sure I do. But whatever not losing any sleep over it got plenty in the humi. Just for further refrence you may want to think twice before dealing with this guy.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    There will be an occasional hit and run here I guess. But by and large with 8800 members here and this is only the, maybe ,fourth or fifth time I have heard this story. That's a pretty good track record. Let's hope this is a simple oversight that will be resolved in short order.
  • GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    I won a little contest with Beast a month back or so. The package arrived in time and everything was fine (gave me my first ghurka). He seemed like a nice guy I would hate to hear he went sour. Maybe something came up..
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    Yeah I win the vacation bet that he and the cank put on a bit ago and the cank came through but beast disapeared. Bret said he would give him a call, and he was really busy with work, but that was over two weeks ago I believe.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    There will be an occasional hit and run here I guess. But by and large with 8800 members here and this is only the, maybe ,fourth or fifth time I have heard this story.
    And if memory serves, two of those times I was on the (non) receiving end.Wink [;)]
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    There will be an occasional hit and run here I guess. But by and large with 8800 members here and this is only the, maybe ,fourth or fifth time I have heard this story.
    And if memory serves, two of those times I was on the (non) receiving end.Wink [;)]
    Maybe they are still searching for your MAW cigar request!...lol.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    zeebra:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Maybe they are still searching for your MAW cigar request!...lol.
    hahaha that was a good one
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I sent him a message last week about it and reminded him last night about it and just as I saw this post I sent him a text about it. Im sorry you guys have not gotten it yet. I am for sure not gonna make any excuses for him. Hopefully this does not reflect badly on myself as I care about all of you guys greatly and have made good friends through this forum and would HATE to be looked down upon do to the forgetfulness of my friend.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cank:
    I sent him a message last week about it and reminded him last night about it and just as I saw this post I sent him a text about it. Im sorry you guys have not gotten it yet. I am for sure not gonna make any excuses for him. Hopefully this does not reflect badly on myself as I care about all of you guys greatly and have made good friends through this forum and would HATE to be looked down upon do to the forgetfulness of my friend.
    Brett, I for one, do not look at this as any reflection onto you, you are truly an AWESOME BOTL. He is a grown up and resposible for himself, all you did was let him know how great Ccom is and how these forums are the best going on the internet today. Todd
    The Cank:
    In no way do I hold you responsible. I'm sure he didn't do this on purpose, he probably just got caught up in life. It happens. You have been totally solid in your end on everything I see on here, and aren't responsible for actions of others.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    The Cank:
    You are aces in my book man. *Man hug*
    Well I received my package from him. He sent me the biggest f'ing MAXX. I've never seen a cigar this big, I thought it was a double happiness at first. He came through!
  • bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    Got 5 sweet sticks today also. Thanks Beast also got the HUGE MAXX.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    bige1371:
    Got 5 sweet sticks today also. Thanks Beast also got the HUGE MAXX.
    ...another happy ending ! Dammm I love this place.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    surfingzeeko:
    Well I received my package from him. He sent me the biggest f'ing MAXX. I've never seen a cigar this big, I thought it was a double happiness at first. He came through!
    Is it the Ego? Ive had that one before and it was alright. A cigar that size that I love is the SCCC 'A'. A box of 3 is like $20 and its AJ so thats a plus right there.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
    Yeah the ego. I have to say, I'm excited to smoke it, but I want to smoke it soon because it's such an odd size for my humidor to hold lol