Home General Discussion

Smoking indoors

I am wanting to smoke my cigars indoors this winter, but I need to sell it to my wife and make sure that there is NO smoke residue and smell left in the house. Any suggestions on air cleaners?

Comments

• rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    LuvMycigar.blogspot.com:
    I am wanting to smoke my cigars indoors this winter, but I need to sell it to my wife and make sure that there is NO smoke residue and smell left in the house. Any suggestions on air cleaners?
    Frankly I don't care what kind of air cleaner you get, IF you smoke cigars in the house it WILL leave smell and residue in the house... The best you could do would be to set aside a room in the house for smoking... Make sure it doesn't have a return from the AC/heat in it and seal it a little better (e.g. cracks under the doors, etc) and perhaps even put in an exhaust fan of some sort...
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I would think about getting a heater for the garage and cracking the garage door a bit. It would probably be better to do that than worry about upsetting the wife when something goes wrong with the smell (and it more than likely will).
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Coincidentally, just last night I bought one of those big torch-like outdoor heaters at Target, so I can smoke in comfort on the patio all winter.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i hear the orick does a good job.
  • Urbino,

I have a table top version. How does yours work. The table top version works up to about 50 degrees then it gets too cold outside.

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    LuvMycigar.blogspot.com:
    Urbino, I have a table top version. How does yours work. The table top version works up to about 50 degrees then it gets too cold outside.
    I dunno yet. Haven't even put it together. I'm not expecting to be able to sit around in my shirtsleeves all winter, though. I just want it to moderate things enough that, in conjunction with proper clothing, I'm not chilled to the bone by the time I finish a good smoke.