Home General Discussion

Hello to all

lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
Just wanted to say hello to everyone~ Just a few words about me. I have been a cigar smoker for about 10-11 years and actually started when I joined the USMC. Just couldn't get enough. For the past few months I've been trying a few different types and brands, mostly gurkahs. I've actually already learned alot by reading the other posts and have much more to learn. In advance I would like to say thank you for all the advice and guidance.

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forums.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Don't listen to the haters. Gurkha Cigars are great.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Gurkahs have been great so far, I've enjoyed the Legend and the Centurian.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome to the group, great bunch here
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    agreed...hey jsnake...i just got a Art Deco preembargo...check it out..

http://tobaccogrove.com/index.cfm/pageid/53/rc_hidecontent/11/familyid/84#family_84
  • GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    jsnake:
    People hate on ghurkas? That's lame.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    jsnake:
    Welcome and I agree with jsnake.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Welcome! There are a ton of great brands out there, this forum is a great way to pick up new ideas and increase the collecting addiction!
    jsnake:
    heh. I'm not a hater, but I'd certainly recommend about 15 other brands before I'd recommend Gurkha.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    .......increase the collecting addiction!
    More like the FORUM addiction....
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Oh no , these California guys are taking over the place. Well, it's still nice to have you with us lcpleel
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    bandyt09:
    TatuajeVI:
    Yeah, that, too! And the trading addiction, and the bombing addiction...
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    bandyt09:
    TatuajeVI:
    Yeah, that, too! And the trading addiction, and the bombing addiction...
    Don't forget the Daily Deal addiction and KellyG Saturday Deal (when she's working, of course) addiction......

Why do I feel like I need to go to a meeting? Oops, I meant herf..................

Seriously lcpleel, welcome to the boards.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Yay! Another Gurkha fan! Welcome!
    lol Gurkah got me in trouble with my lady. on my 4th box this month. ageing some and enjoying the rest.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Welcome! There are a ton of great brands out there, this forum is a great way to pick up new ideas and increase the collecting addiction!
    jsnake:
    heh. I'm not a hater, but I'd certainly recommend about 15 other brands before I'd recommend Gurkha.
    i agree. once i discovered Camacho, Avo, LFD, Davidoff, Tats, Oliva, Cubao, etc...
    i kinda lost my urge for gurkha. they arent bad and im happy with the ones i keep on hand, im just not rushing out to buy more any time soon.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    TatuajeVI:
    jsnake:
    i agree. once i discovered Camacho, Avo, LFD, Davidoff, Tats, Oliva, Cubao, etc...
    i kinda lost my urge for gurkha. they arent bad and im happy with the ones i keep on hand, im just not rushing out to buy more any time soon.

iMA HATER, BUT i WAS A RP *** AT ONE POINT. IM TOTALLY OFF THAT WAGON.

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    laker1963:
    Welcome.
    Was wondering where you were hadn't seen ya around, maybe I wasn't paying attention lol
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    Thank you for the warm welcome and just doing my part.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome ... you'll find a great bunch here ...
    dang bro....what boxes did u all buy?
    so far Gurkha Black Dragon, Gurkha Centurian, Gurkha Master's Select, and Gurkha Legend. thats not counting the Gurkha singles and samplers.
    black dragon is one of my fav's for sure...centurian I thought was over rated but i need another one to try and see if i like it, i have a masters select resting...and gurkha legend is good
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Diamondog:
    laker1963:
    Welcome.
    Was wondering where you were hadn't seen ya around, maybe I wasn't paying attention lol
    WORK !! It is high summer on Vancouver Island. That means I stay real busy.I usually check in every day but not always to post. It is extremely busy... but I do love summer :)
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    TatuajeVI:
    jsnake:
    AMEN, and +1! Who you gonna trust on this Gurkha issue, a gentleman with TATUAJE in his name or a SERPENT??? LOL

Seriously, welcome to the forums! Great group of people here & always glad to add one more.

• AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    The forum encourages us to keep our wallets light!
  • TheDrifterTheDrifter Posts: 83
    Gentleman:
    jsnake:
    People hate on ghurkas? That's lame.

Yeah, I see it a lot at the B&Ms, mostly because I'm young(er) and a lot of the old guys like to bust chops on new kids coming in to try Gurkhas, I tel 'em the first cigar I ever had was a Punch given to me by my dad and they usually quiet up pretty quick hah. I also think it's because they've been steadily gaining popularity and everyone hates on the top dog.
    I've actualy been trying to build my taste buds so I've smoked alot of different types of smokes that everyones been recommending. I've just been putting alot of gurks in aging.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    From one Jarhead to another, welcome to the forums brother!