Home General Discussion

Not too happy with Shipping

I'm kinda bummed out by the shipping from Ccom lately. the last two packages I have received didn't have any protection on the bottom, and the latest one was a daily deal for the cain nub, and they weren't even in a bag or humidified, along with no protection on the bottom. The one earlier this week was in a bag and humidified, but no protection and one of my cigars was damaged. I talked to a rep and they made it right for the first one, but it's just a little annoying. I've been very happy with them in the past, I think it may just be a new shipper who doesn't know whats up.

Comments

• JumperJumper Posts: 135
    Sorry to hear that Zeek. I got my Cain Nub DD today, too. But mine were packaged in bags with humi pillows.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Mine have been shipping weird too. The last few didn't have any humi pillows but they got here a day after I ordered them so I wasn't tripping.

• coronaex30coronaex30 Posts: 35
    see that sucks to hear that fellas. i've never ordered anything from this site "but" how long does it take to seal up a box? not very long, it's not complicated. my kids can do a better job than what you guys are saying! (you gotta take care of your customers) you never know they might go somewhere else!
    Customers are what pays the bills
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    stephen_hannibal:
    Mine have been shipping weird too. The last few didn't have any humi pillows but they got here a day after I ordered them so I wasn't tripping.

the beard said that because of the high humidity in PA or wherever they are, if they put the pillows in the orders, than they would be over humidified
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Yeah, I had a order or two go wacky too shipping and coustmer service is the main reson I like shoping here.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    jship079:
    Yeah, I had a order or two go wacky too shipping and coustmer service is the main reson I like shoping here.
    Yeah I definitely agree. I mean, it got here really quick, but it's in PA for what, 1 day? would that be enough to make it burst? I live in CA, so the humi pillows are a good thing to have in there.
    coronaex30:
    see that sucks to hear that fellas. i've never ordered anything from this site "but" how long does it take to seal up a box? not very long, it's not complicated. my kids can do a better job than what you guys are saying! (you gotta take care of your customers) you never know they might go somewhere else!
    And it's not a regular thing. I have been EXTREMELY happy with Ccom in the past, and would still rather buy from them rather than any other site. It's like finding out your friends went to a party last night and didn't hit you up. They're still your friends, it's just kinda crappy.
    you know guys and gals, I work for a manufacturer that i'm sure you all know of and love. I won't name names. but if we shipped boxes or bundles of cigars to our customers they would be trash by the time they recieved their orders. again very simple and easy to take the time to try and make it like you would want to "see" if you ordered it! Hopefully they can correct the problem quickly.
    sorry w/o the proper packing inside of the box^
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Im pretty sure that the pillows are made to regulate RH so Im not sure how the cigars would burst. It has been pretty dame humid around here and I know they know more than me.
    I'm not sure about cigars bursting either as long as they are in a stable environment prior to shipping. At least from what i can figure. Here in Florida it is humid all year what I have come to understand we don't really have to worry about humidity down here. It's more the temps.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    surfingzeeko:
    I'm kinda bummed out by the shipping from Ccom lately. the last two packages I have received didn't have any protection on the bottom, and the latest one was a daily deal for the cain nub, and they weren't even in a bag or humidified, along with no protection on the bottom. The one earlier this week was in a bag and humidified, but no protection and one of my cigars was damaged. I talked to a rep and they made it right for the first one, but it's just a little annoying. I've been very happy with them in the past, I think it may just be a new shipper who doesn't know whats up.
    Dont sweat it too much. when you buy daily deals they are wrapped in sets in plastic wrap. they are going to hold there RH in those wrappers. the humi pack seems to only really come when the cigars are loose in the cello's. i too have had orders show up when i ordered the daily deal with no humi packs. but after thinking about it logically i calmed down and dont worry anymore. CCOM has really good customer service. and if they send something that doesnt make it in good shape, they will replace it....no worries
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    In hot areas, shipping hubs can have temps north of 90 degrees. Under that much heat a water pillow could easily cause a cigar to burst, especially if out in it for more than a day. It's pretty dry here in Texas (usually) at least in this part of the state, so my orders tend to always have a water pillow with them. More humid areas that are currently hot now might not get them included. The lack of padding is another issue, never had a problem there, and I buy lots of cigars..
    Yeah the big issue with me was the lack of padding on the bottom. The cains I got had an imprint in them from the bottom flap of tge box. Shouldnt be a HUGE issue, just kind of irritating. And i just talked to them this week about replacing a cigar, so I don't want to call again and gave them think I am taking advantage of their great customer service.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    You should call so they know there's a problem. If you don't make them aware it'll continue to happen.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I honestly can't remember the last time my stuff was in a bag or came with a humi pillow but due to the sick deals I got on all my orders I didn't wanna say anything. I felt like I'd come across as complaining after them taking care of me.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    My 1st ccom order came with a dry pillow last week. Not a bad thing as they were moist anyway. 1 stick had a crack but not bad. Got yesterdays dd Im a little worried as it looks deisels dont have cello which I dont like. Hope they do.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Diesel's do have cello, no worries.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Duder2:
    Diesel's do have cello, no worries.

Sweet, thanks.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have bought lots of cigars from ccom, and the only time I didn't have a humi pillow is when I buy a box of cigars, which isn't a big deal. As for packing, I also have never had a problem

"Long ashes my friends."

• ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I am glad that I haven't been getting humi pillows in this heat and humidity, that way I don't have to wait an eternity for the sticks to dry out in my own humidor. Plus I have about 2 million humi pillows and don't need anymore (can't seem to throw them away since I have pack-rat-itis) I would rather have a stick come in a little on the dry side than on the wet side. As long as it is in a ziplock or a plastic wrap I am good. I don't really like those air bags they use though. I know they are cheaper and greener, but as a solid unit much bigger than the cigars, they have a tendency to shift and not fit snug to protect from impacts.

I am sure that ccom loves all us backseat-shippers !
    Lol I'm sure they do too. Ccom is still my bread and butter though. they take care of me.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    surfingzeeko:
    Yeah the big issue with me was the lack of padding on the bottom. The cains I got had an imprint in them from the bottom flap of tge box. Shouldnt be a HUGE issue, just kind of irritating. And i just talked to them this week about replacing a cigar, so I don't want to call again and gave them think I am taking advantage of their great customer service.
    I've been having the same issue. The pillows I don't much care about because of the heat, but the packing job on many of my orders in the previous few months hasn't been very good. I've had one or two damaged sticks in almost every order, and I don't want to keep calling for the exact same reason.
  • We apologize for any inconvenience any of you may have had with our shipping/packaging. We are dedicated to your satisfaction so please give us a call if there are any issues and we will definitely take care of you. Regarding the problems mentioned in this thread, we are addressing them all with our warehouse staff and we will quickly get this resolved. We pride ourselves with our service and we agree the issues described in this thread are unacceptable.
    Joshua Smelko:
    We apologize for any inconvenience any of you may have had with our shipping/packaging. We are dedicated to your satisfaction so please give us a call if there are any issues and we will definitely take care of you. Regarding the problems mentioned in this thread, we are addressing them all with our warehouse staff and we will quickly get this resolved. We pride ourselves with our service and we agree the issues described in this thread are unacceptable.
    :) awesome. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. And again, I wasn't trying to talk trash on Ccom, because they rock.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Joshua Smelko:
    We apologize for any inconvenience any of you may have had with our shipping/packaging. We are dedicated to your satisfaction so please give us a call if there are any issues and we will definitely take care of you. Regarding the problems mentioned in this thread, we are addressing them all with our warehouse staff and we will quickly get this resolved. We pride ourselves with our service and we agree the issues described in this thread are unacceptable.

So Far In a Year I have never had a Problem, I also Live in California...... Its hotter than Helll here in the Valley,Temps in the 100s, Humi Pillows would explode i guess, I just do this, When i get Cigars in this heat, I climatize them in my house first then ease them into the humidor and get them up to Humidity, ALso In This Area I have had One hell of a Time keeping my Humidors, at Temp and Proper Humidity. Even with Air Conditioning its a Tuff job in this Heat area. I cant say I have had a Problem with my smokes they are burning good had a couple that may have burned a little Hot but all in all im happy with it.
    CCOM and th Beard Rule! I have no plans of leaving.. I havent been buying many cigars thanks to the Mini Bomb.... but when i do CCOM is the Place I go!