Home General Discussion

Yet another newbie

Wanted to give myself a quick intro. I am new to the smoking world. I picked up my first cigar a month ago while at a beer festival here in AZ. I've not been one for smoking anything, but since that cigar I've been hooked!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome. I'm still fairly new to cigars myself, and this forum has proven to be a good resource for those just starting out since there are a lot of experienced folks here who are willing to share experiences and give some pointers. I never was much for smoking anything until I had my first cigar, after that I was in love and found myself caught up in everything cigar related. I find it a bit strange how one cigar managed to engulf me in a flame of passion like that, but I'm not complaining.

Joe
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    welcome heaney! just remember, the only stupid question is the one you dont ask!
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Welcome to the board!

I too like so many others was anti smoking with the exception of an occasional cigar (like almost none). Then a few months ago I was given a Gurkha Legend and from that point forward, I was hooked. Now, I have a full humidor plus a few CCOM freebies that I need to find room for.
  • HeaneyHeaney Posts: 13

Thanks for the welcoming! I have a pseduo birthday in June and my girl friend has been hinting at a humidor for me. My fingers are crossed hoping. =) Right now I have a humidor bag with a mixture of 8 cigars.

• golfcigarjunkiegolfcigarjunkie Posts: 61
    Welcome Heaney! Great bunch of guys with a lot of good advice.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Heaney:

Thanks for the welcoming! I have a pseduo birthday in June and my girl friend has been hinting at a humidor for me. My fingers are crossed hoping. =) Right now I have a humidor bag with a mixture of 8 cigars.      

Welcome Heaney, you might want to hint to your girlfriend to get one in a bigger than 20cnt size or even 50...
  • HeaneyHeaney Posts: 13
    Markbb:
    Heaney:

Welcome Heaney, you might want to hint to your girlfriend to get one in a bigger than 20cnt size or even 50...

That's what I've been telling her. I told her to go to our local shop and they will set her in the right direction.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Heaney....welcome to the Forum, you have a lot of great guys here willing to help you down the wonderful road of cigar smoking.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    ashmaster:
    Heaney....welcome to the Forum, you have a lot of great guys here willing to help you down the wonderful road of cigar smoking.
    What he said...Welcome aboard! :D