Home General Discussion

Goin' to the cigar shop tonight.

Hey, I'm new to the cigar world. I'm going to a local shop tonight and was wondering if anyone had some good suggestions for a mild cigar that is not outrageously priced.

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real
    CAO Gold
    Cusano 18 Double Connecticut
    Rocky Patel Connecticut
    CuAvana
    Sol Cubano Connecticut
    Arturo Fuente Seleccion d'Oro

Everybody seems to love the R&J Reserva Real and the Cusano 18 Double Connecticut
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    at summit mall? if so, the NUB connecticut, Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 candela.

also those guys are good. just tell them you are still learning and that you want a resonably priced cigar that is mild to medium in body. if you arent going to that shop, see the above post.

worst case: call me from the walk in humidor. im home all night.
  • kuzi16:
    at summit mall? if so, the NUB connecticut, Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 candela.

also those guys are good. just tell them you are still learning and that you want a resonably priced cigar that is mild to medium in body. if you arent going to that shop, see the above post.

worst case: call me from the walk in humidor. im home all night.
    Will do. Have you smoked your nub yet? You should come out and chill for a little bit.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    For mild my recommendations are Ashton Classic, Perdomo Lot 23, Perdomo Champagne and 5 Vegas Gold.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I concur on the NUB Conn.
    I had one last weekend and it was fantastic.
    i have the nub habano. different cigar more on the medium end than mild. I havent even had the conecticut yet but i have yet to hear bad things about it. I cant make it out tonight. I have plans with the wife.
  • kuzi16:
    i have the nub habano. different cigar more on the medium end than mild. I havent even had the conecticut yet but i have yet to hear bad things about it. I cant make it out tonight. I have plans with the wife.
    That's cool, have fun. If I have any questions, I'll give ya a call.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll let ya know what I decide upon and tell you how it was.
  • Oliva G, Padron, Camacho '62
  • BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    i think that all those suggestions are great. i think you can also look on the suggestions in the catalog on ccom and you can pick your strength and such. when you get to the shop tell them that you are just starting out you have a budget of x dollars and tell them what you are looking for. if its a good shop and the guy is in a good mood im sure they will be very beneficial for you. enjoy.............. i look forward to hearing what you got and what you think about them. what cigars have you smoked in the past? which ones did you like?
  • Sancho Panza: fantastic cigar for a good price Gurkha (?): I'm not to sure which it was but it was the best cigar I've had. I'm extremely new, this is it.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

Hey filthy, the perdomo champagne is a pretty good mild cigar like rob1110 i think it was recommended.

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    These Filthy Hands:
    Sancho Panza: fantastic cigar for a good price Gurkha (?): I'm not to sure which it was but it was the best cigar I've had. I'm extremely new, this is it.
    Put down the Kool-Aid man! Put it down ... LOL I'm kidding, did you keep the band off the Gurkha?
    madurofan:
    These Filthy Hands:
    Sancho Panza: fantastic cigar for a good price Gurkha (?): I'm not to sure which it was but it was the best cigar I've had. I'm extremely new, this is it.
    Put down the Kool-Aid man! Put it down ... LOL I'm kidding, did you keep the band off the Gurkha?
    regent toro. I had one at the smae time. few tings in life better than having a cigar with a friend IMHO
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    These Filthy Hands:
    regent toro. I had one at the smae time. few tings in life better than having a cigar with a friend IMHO
    Agreed.
  • Thanks for the spec Matt, I couldn't remember. Last night I went with the Nub Connecticut. I really enjoyed it. It was exactly what I was looking for. It was a great end to a stressful hectic day. The flavor was smooth and creamy, yet not overpowering. I had an after-taste of various spices, none of which I could put my finger on. It lasted and hour and ten minutes. Perfect amount of relaxation without killing my entire night. Outside of having to correct my burn, I had no issues with the cigar. I will definitly be purchasing more of these in the future. Not to mention that I met some interesting people while I was at the shop chilling and I scored Kuzi a couple of Arturo Fuente Opus X.
    These Filthy Hands:
    Thanks for the spec Matt, I couldn't remember. Last night I went with the Nub Connecticut. I really enjoyed it. It was exactly what I was looking for. It was a great end to a stressful hectic day. The flavor was smooth and creamy, yet not overpowering. I had an after-taste of various spices, none of which I could put my finger on. It lasted and hour and ten minutes. Perfect amount of relaxation without killing my entire night. Outside of having to correct my burn, I had no issues with the cigar. I will definitly be purchasing more of these in the future. Not to mention that I met some interesting people while I was at the shop chilling and I scored Kuzi a couple of Arturo Fuente Opus X.
    TFH... PM in your Box
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    TFH... PM in your Box
    Why don't you just lean over on the couch and TELL him... He's your friend... That lives near you...
    Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    TFH... PM in your Box
    Why don't you just lean over on the couch and TELL him... He's your friend... That lives near you...
    LOL ... he told us over the loud speaker when he could've just turned around and said, hey we lost oil pressure in one engine. Heard ya!
  • Lasabar:
    kuzi16:
    TFH... PM in your Box
    Makes sense.