Home General Discussion
Options

Disappointed wth Cigar.com

I received my cigars yesterday and the bag that my cigars were in was smashed. The humi-pac was also smashed and all the water and chemicals were spilled all over the cigars. These were not cheap cigars. Anyway, I got online to find out what to do, the FAQ states to contact Cigar.com through e-mail and they usually respond in one day. Well I did that and no response. Has this happened to anyone to them and how was it resolved? 

Pete

Comments

• Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Never heard of that happening in a shipment from ccom. (One of the humipacs did break in a pass and get on a stick or two.)

I'm sure they will take care of you. I had a cigar that arrived with a little damage to the wrapper, they sent a replacement. You can call their 800 number and talk to a rep, or I'm sure they will reply to your email.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah seriously, they are known for customer service. call them at the 800 number and explain what happened.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Yea, just send them a reminder email or call the 800 number. They are pretty good with customer service. Although you can't really blame them for the damage, sure it was the mail system throwing packages on top of pacages. *** is bound to happen every once in awhile.
  • Options
    StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    I will say from first hand information they have great customer service. I recently placed a fairly large order and they made a mistake and sent 2 samplers from the previous months catalog instead of the ones I had ordered. I called them and they sent the correct ones overnight delivery to me and gave me the option to keep the 2 samplers they had sent incorrectly for $20 each which was $40 off the list price so I ended up with 2 more samplers at a savings of $80 and free overnight delivery on the correct ones and on top of this they refunded the shipping costs on my earlier order. Just call the 800 number and they will make it right. Steve
  • Options
    BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    I agree with dep im sure it was the postal offices fault they are bound to make mistakes with the millions of packages flying around i think calling would be more beneficial than an email because you would talk to a person immediatly but either one should work. good luck i hope you get a refund on your sticks and you get to share your new and improved experience with ccom here on the forum
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I would definitely give ccom the benefit of the doubt in this case. I've had almost no problems with their service, and the slight ones I have had were taken care of within 36 hours. This is an online store that prides itself on their customer service...they kind of have to since they don't offer the lowest prices around, but they make up for it greatly with the expertise and helpfulness of the staff.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I blame the terrorists.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I blame the terrorists.
    And Elite-ists...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I blame the terrorists.
    I had a pothole in front of my house a few months back. Im sure that was terrorist related as well.
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    I blame the terrorists.
    I had a pothole in front of my house a few months back. Im sure that was terrorist related as well.
    Wait a minute...I had a pothole down the street from me. I think that the terrorists are winning the war. Everybody to your bomb shelter!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rmccloud:
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    I blame the terrorists.
    Wait a minute...I had a pothole down the street from me. I think that the terrorists are winning the war. Everybody to your bomb shelter!
    There's a crap load around my area, damn those buggers are busy! Damn Terrorists! and no homeland security any where... hmmm.. Back to the thread... I'd give them a ring too, I had one order that was a little off once and they fixed it and let me keep the two cigars that they sent that I didn't order. Things happen, but at least it was a easy fix.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    LuvMycigar.blogspot.com:

I received my cigars yesterday and the bag that my cigars were in was smashed. The humi-pac was also smashed and all the water and chemicals were spilled all over the cigars. These were not cheap cigars. Anyway, I got online to find out what to do, the FAQ states to contact Cigar.com through e-mail and they usually respond in one day. Well I did that and no response. Has this happened to anyone to them and how was it resolved? 

Pete

Pete ( luv my cigars) Don't forget to post what a great job the people at Cigar.com did when they correct this problem. Without a doubt they will make things right, even if it wasn't their fault..
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Pete ( luv my cigars) Don't forget to post what a great job the people at Cigar.com did when they correct this problem. Without a doubt they will make things right, even if it wasn't their fault..
    Oh yeah! I know from personal experience that they always make thing right as rain...

Or is it... do they "Make it rain?"

Wait, the second one is for strippers... not cigars... I think
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    Oh yeah! I know from personal experience that they always make thing right as rain...

Or is it... do they "Make it rain?"

Wait, the second one is for strippers... not cigars... I think
    I dunno, but they control the horizontal... and the veritical...
  • Options
    bocardsbocards Posts: 32
    Pete, I would have to agree with everyone here on the board...I have had a snafu with one delivery andit was fixed immediately when I called the 800 number....extremely fast turn around that I assume (i know the ass out of you and me bit but I like the word :) ) that when there is a problem it is PRIORITY ONE with these guys. Give them a call, I am sure you will have the same experience. Bo
  • Options
    LCarLCar Posts: 57

Hey Pete,

When I ordered the Gurkha Turks they had a special on them where you purchased a mazo of 6 for $xx.xx and they sent you a free mazo of 6...well they made a small oopsie and didn't send me my free ones...I called on a friday and my free mazo was here on monday. That was the only problem I've ever had with c.com and they made good of the situation very quickly.