Home General Discussion
Options

Glad to be a part of the community

Hey guys!!

Just wanted to throw a little intro out there for all the members here at cigars.com. A friend of mine suggested signing up and getting to know everyone. I hear there are a lot of good people on the site, and from some of the threads I've read, he is totally correct. I still consider myself somewhat a noob when it comes to cigars and smoking. I've been smoking cigars for about a year, but really started to get into it the last 3-6 months. I'm def not an expert with all the various types of cigars out in the world today. I'm hoping this site and the members here will broaden my horizons with cigars and introduce me to some new smokes as well as some interesting ones. Well quite an intro. I'm glad to be here and hope to get to know everyone a little better. Many thanks!

-Starbuck

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to the site Starbuck. I'm relatively new to the site as well, but I've enjoyed the knowledge these guys share on a regular basis. Now....go get me some coffee ;)
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Welcome! Try the MOW Virtue or 5 Vegas Gold Maduro - both quite new and very delicious IMO
  • Options
    StarbuckStarbuck Posts: 32
    Cigar Sherlock:
    Welcome to the site Starbuck. I'm relatively new to the site as well, but I've enjoyed the knowledge these guys share on a regular basis. Now....go get me some coffee ;)

Haha. Would you like that with or without whip cream?

I know a lot of people think my nick is related to the coffee, Starbuck, but actually it's from the old BattleStar Galactica show in the late 70's. When I was first born my parents nicknamed me "Starbuck" until they decide on a more formal name David. =)
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Welcome! Try the MOW Virtue or 5 Vegas Gold Maduro - both quite new and very delicious IMO

Thanks xmarco. I will def write those down and keep them in mind next time I'm shopping for some new sticks! I've heard great things about the 5 Vegas cigars.
  • Options
    I liked that show! But your not off the hook..I want my coffee!
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Starbuck:
    Cigar Sherlock:

I know a lot of people think my nick is related to the coffee, Starbuck, but actually it's from the old BattleStar Galactica show in the late 70's. When I was first born my parents nicknamed me "Starbuck" until they decide on a more formal name David. =)
    Pfft. That's not the original Starbuck. The original Starbuck is the only voice of reason in Captain Ahab's crew in the old classic "Moby ****". But yeah, welcome to the CCom forums. If you have any questions, feel free to ask anyone here!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Welcome to the club, we have jackets.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    Starbuck:
    Cigar Sherlock:

Pfft. That's not the original Starbuck. The original Starbuck is the only voice of reason in Captain Ahab's crew in the old classic "Moby ****". But yeah, welcome to the CCom forums. If you have any questions, feel free to ask anyone here!

Ha well interesting. Now that I didn't even know. Wow I've been here 15 minutes and I'm already learning new things. Thanks for the warm welcome!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    betasynn:
    We have Jackets?!?! Kewl idea... Alex?

Welcome Starbuck.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forums Starbuck!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Welcome to the forums. I'm a huge, huge fan of the new BSG series. The one from the 70s is an embarrassment to TV, but to each their own, right? :)
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    So is Starbuck better than Buck Rogers????? Welcome aboard btw

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    we are glad to have ya
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    When it comes to the finding the good cigar part of enjoying cigars it is just trial and error because with cigars on mans trash is another mans treasure. But I sure there is alot of other really useful knowldge the guys here will be able to give you. Welcome
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    After about 2 weeks on this site, you'll feel like an "expert"! Welcome, brother.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Wow guys! Many thanks for all the warm welcomes here. Look forward to learning from the experts and trying out the various smokes you guys recommend!
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    there's a wait list for the jackets though... so don't get your hopes up
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    laker1963:
    betasynn:
    We have Jackets?!?! Kewl idea... Alex?

Welcome Starbuck.
    Hey who the heck do I have to kick in the balls to get my jacket??? Or should I just start bombing the hell out of fellow BORKs?

Welcome Starbuck, what do you like to smoke, what would you like to try?
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Hey David! Glad you made it here! David is a part of the gambling forum I'm on and told him about this place. I did warn him though people are crazy here, but very generous and knowledgeable!

Again, glad you here bro!

Since you are new here, I'd like to offer you your first trade, so that way you are on the good traders list and you can participate in all the games, PIF's, MaW's, contests.....so when ever you are ready, send me a PM with your address and we can get you started!

Shawn
  • Options
    zeebra:
    Hey David! Glad you made it here! David is a part of the gambling forum I'm on and told him about this place. I did warn him though people are crazy here, but very generous and knowledgeable!

Again, glad you here bro!

Since you are new here, I'd like to offer you your first trade, so that way you are on the good traders list and you can participate in all the games, PIF's, MaW's, contests.....so when ever you are ready, send me a PM with your address and we can get you started!

Shawn

What a guy with class. I know we've had many many discussions about smokes, and etc over on the gambling forum. Needless to say you've really got me hooked on cigars now. I'm really glad you got me over here with a bunch of good people. I will def PM you my address so we can get this trade underway!!

Thanks again Shawn.

-David
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Welcome aboard. You'll soon discover that cigars will quickly become your number one obsession, with this forum coming in at a close second.
  • Options
    Got your PM David. Back to ya. This site does not notify you when you have a PM.

Good thread for a noob...
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/post/71003.aspx
  • Options
    zeebra:
    Got your PM David. Back to ya. This site does not notify you when you have a PM.

Good thread for a noob...
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/post/71003.aspx

Haha well I'm def glad you told me about the notification, otherwise I'd be waiting for years. Just responded to your PM.

Thanks again to everyone for the welcome here at Cigar.com forums.
  • Options
    back to ya.

Just to fill ya up in the short time I've been here.......

There are lots of guys here that review cigars and all are an awesome read. Here are a few guys reviews I read and usually you can see their reviews such as ...

Betasynn...... Sighunseen..... Kuzi....... phobicsquirrel.........
    Thats just a start up list and there are tons more, sorry if I forgot anyone. Enjoy! your brain will probably shut down for a day or two!
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    zeebra:
    back to ya.

Just to fill ya up in the short time I've been here.......

There are lots of guys here that review cigars and all are an awesome read. Here are a few guys reviews I read and usually you can see their reviews such as ...

Betasynn...... Sighunseen..... Kuzi....... phobicsquirrel.........
    Thats just a start up list and there are tons more, sorry if I forgot anyone. Enjoy! your brain will probably shut down for a day or two!
    This reminds me...I have a review I need to put up. Been slackin.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I dont think We have Jackets or Coats but we Do Have nice Cubana Shirts! Thanks to the BEARD!
    Welcome to the Threads by the way! Best group of guys you will ever meet!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Haha. Look forward to the reviews Sightunseen.
  • Options
    Good looking shirt! Many thanks Redtailhawkoz!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Hey brotha! Welcome to the forums - David's a solid name ;-). Glad to have you aboard, and I guarantee this: you stick around, and you'll start feeling purty darn knowledgeable within just a few short months.

This doesn't mean you will actually BE knowledgeable, mind you...lol ;-)

Hope ya stick around bud!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨