Home Cigar 101

House Blends

I did some searches on the forums and found the following recommended house and beginner blends: House Blend Purple label 5 Vegas Gold The 5 Vegas Classic Are there any other house blends you would recommend? I like mild-med and natural and maduro sticks. I'm putting together my first order here soon so thanks. James

Comments

• Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    The Ccom Brazillian label and 5 Vegas Gold maduro are excellent milder maduro's.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    A nice cheap mild maduro that you hear very little about is the Montesino (by Fuente). The maduro is great for a mild and is one that gets some beginners into maduros (it did for me anyway). And I second the C.Com Purple Label. Great mild connie.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    la flor de oliva is a decent smoke. not very complex but given the price it doesnt really matter.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Add the Ccom Sungrown to your list. A solid medium with great flavor
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Maybe the Blue house labels as well. Also, the La Estrella Cubana Oscuro is a stick I'd recommend trying.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 on the Sungrown. I just ordered my third box. They have been great.

I also just ordered the House Blends sampler so I can try some of the others. On one of my orders, Andrew suggested the Sungrown and it was a great call. I'm anxious to try the other ones.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    You missed out on a DD for 601 blue boxed-pressed maduro a couple of weeks ago. Incredibly delicious ...but full bodied. It would be a good idea to have one aging in your humidor for when the time comes.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    RP Vintage 99' Conneticut
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Nick2021:
    just bought a box of these, great connie. I would have to say my favorite house blend is either the brazilian or Red Label

"Long ashes my friends."

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Thanks for the suggestions. Going to order tomorrow.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    MOW Virtue, 5 Vegas Gold Maduro, Oliva Connecticut Reserve
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    fla-gypsy:
    Add the Ccom Sungrown to your list. A solid medium with great flavor
    Agreed, really been digging on this stick. I need to get more of them.
    Krieg:
    Nick2021:
    just bought a box of these, great connie. I would have to say my favorite house blend is either the brazilian or Red Label
    Haven't tried the Red yet, def want to, but I love me some Brazilian label!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    ENFIDL:
    Krieg:
    Nick2021:
    The Red is my new favorite. Edged out the Brazilian by a nose. It is def. my favorite "go to" smoke.
    t_evan50:
    ENFIDL:
    Krieg:
    Nick2021:
    The Red is my new favorite. Edged out the Brazilian by a nose. It is def. my favorite "go to" smoke.
    Noted. I will have to get some of these with some more Sungrown labels