Home Cigar 101

Pallet Changing?

So ive noticed my last 3-4 cigars havent had as strong of flavor. 1 was new but the others i have had before and they just seem a little weaker in flavor. is this because ive been smoking more then before? could it be the sticks them selves or is it because im smoking more my pallet is changes and geting used to them. The cigars i have smoke before is the RP 92 vintage and the gurkha empire IV, the new one was the legend.

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Well, I'm no expert on this, but it could be. Or you could just be smoking a lot lately and need to give your taste buds a rest. Maybe take a little break for a few days and see, or try something new and see if it interests you more.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Your palate will definitely change over time and is the perfect excuse to explore more of the full bodied cigars available today. We are enjoying an explosion of the fuller flavored/bodied sticks right now, it is a wonderful era to be a cigar enthusiast.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I don't know if my pallet changes or just gets board. For the past year, I smoked 80% plus of full bodied cigars. Now, for the past few months, I've been enjoying medium sticks a little more. I'm sure in the next few months, I'll be back to full bodied.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Your pallet will definatly change over time, and i don't think just towards stronger full bodied cigars. Thats the nice thing about revisiting cigars you haven't enjoyed in a while. I think the mood your in, what your eating/drinking, and time of day, who your with etc. has some effect on how much you enjoy a cigar.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    RaschNuts:
    So ive noticed my last 3-4 cigars havent had as strong of flavor. 1 was new but the others i have had before and they just seem a little weaker in flavor. is this because ive been smoking more then before? could it be the sticks them selves or is it because im smoking more my pallet is changes and geting used to them. The cigars i have smoke before is the RP 92 vintage and the gurkha empire IV, the new one was the legend.
    Also check if they've been in your hum longer... In a a few weeks/months a cigar can "settle" and be less harsh... You may take harshness for strongness...
  • Lasabar:
    RaschNuts:
    Also check if they've been in your hum longer... In a a few weeks/months a cigar can "settle" and be less harsh... You may take harshness for strongness...
    I actually thought this might effect it later last night. These one have been sitting longer. i think this might be the cause because i noticed some other flavors i didnt get before.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    It's funny, I started out preferring fuller bodied cigars and have since acquired a taste for the lighter side. I guess it's different for everyone...
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Duder2:
    It's funny, I started out preferring fuller bodied cigars and have since acquired a taste for the lighter side. I guess it's different for everyone...
    Actually, that's not supposed to happen, that's a sign of Syphilis...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Duder2:
    Actually, that's not supposed to happen, that's a sign of Syphilis...
    oh ***....

thats exactly how it worked for me too...