Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Gurkha Warlord

j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
Well, I've decided to revisit Gurkha as my palette is a bit more developed and I actually know how to smoke a cigar this time around. My first experience was pretty bad due to my own inexperience with cigars and I probably should have been smoking a machine made **** instead of a premium hand-rolled work of art, but I digress. I have just gotten finished with a Gurkha Warlord, which is an extension of the Legend line of cigars. From the first few puffs I could detect notes of coffee and a sweetness that began to develop more and more as I went. About 1 1/2 inches in the flavor really came alive, the coffee and semi-sweet floral notes were complemented by an addition of a prominent woody taste and a slight spiciness as well as an increased floral taste (though that was fairly mild ). The flavors were full and the draw was excellent, this cigar is very well constructed and based on this one cigar I really like the blend. The cigar is powerful but never harsh, it was a very smooth smoke and even very smooth through the nose, I only noticed its power when I stood up and my head felt a bit lighter than normal.

My final impression is that this is a good smoke and I'm glad I purchased one to try. It should be noted that I did have some burn issues, however those were easily corrected with a bit of flame and they did not take away from the enjoyment of the cigar. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone who likes a more full flavored cigar with a medium-full body, I know I enjoyed it.

Joe

Comments

• Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Tremendous review Joe....the flavor profile sounds like something I would enjoy. Another one for the "To-Try" list. Thanks, and I mean that in a good way.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Thanks for the kind words ash.

I have a box of these beauties coming next week, so you can imagine I'll be holding heavy on Warlords. If you are interested, I'm up for a straight 1-1 trade, both parties agree on what they are trading for what.... That kind of deal. Do let me know if you might be interested and we can work out detail, and if you're not interested that's cool too.

As a side note, the cigars measure 7x55, so they are a formidable smoke ( I think I caught mine trying to smoke me when I wasn't paying attention).

Joe
  • Options
    HardspotHardspot Posts: 24
    your review gives me good reason to go to the golf course this weekend, ive had one of these babies relaxing in my humi for a few months now and i have been waiting for the time to smoke it. After reading your review i dont think ill be able to hold off any longer. ill let you know what i think afterwards. --Nic