Home Cigar 101

Best Way to use 2nd Humidor

So the 50ct Humi i had was over flowing. so i bought a 300ct got it yesterday and is currently seasoning.

My question is now that i have two. i notice that people on here have smoking and aging humidors etc. At the moment i have about 70 sticks or so. is this something i should do? how long do you keep in each? or maybe just trade the 50ct on hear for some sticks?

Comments

• ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    haha, definitly keep it. That 300 will fill up faster than you think and you'll need it. I would make the 50 a "smoking humidor" to keep singles in. The rest of your collection goes in the 300
  • ironhorse:
    haha, definitly keep it. That 300 will fill up faster than you think and you'll need it. I would make the 50 a "smoking humidor" to keep singles in. The rest of your collection goes in the 300
    Almost everything i have is Singles. Which sux cause i dont want to smoke them lol. i have a few 3 and 2 pairs but more singles then anything else.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I would use it as an aging humi, i have a 100 ct that I use for this. I usually take a couple cigars from my orders and take them out of the cello and leave them in there, rest of them go into my cabinet for smoking.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    RaschNuts:
    ironhorse:
    Almost everything i have is Singles. Which sux cause i dont want to smoke them lol. i have a few 3 and 2 pairs but more singles then anything else.
    haha, thats cool. I have mostly singles too. You may not want to do it the same way that I do, but I put the cheaper/everyday smokes in the small humi, and the age potential/full bodied/expensive/ceremonial ones go in the big humi. Its not that I won't smoke out of either, its just that I like to keep them organized in this way. That way I know which ones I should smoke to get rid of to create more room vs. the ones I really enjoy. That way I don't get torn between wanting to smoke the good cigar that would be better with age and ruining the age/rest process and the cigar that is a "take it or leave it"
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    I got a Ccom twenty when i first started collecting. i have been keeping a few infused smokes in it, away from my other sticks.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    1 ageing humi
    2 overflow humi
    3 a segragation humi I have one I put all my new sticks in to give them a WATCH before I send them to play with the rest of the boys
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ironhorse:
    this exactly.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    RaschNuts:
    So the 50ct Humi i had was over flowing. so i bought a 300ct got it yesterday and is currently seasoning.

My question is now that i have two. i notice that people on here have smoking and aging humidors etc. At the moment i have about 70 sticks or so. is this something i should do? how long do you keep in each? or maybe just trade the 50ct on hear for some sticks?
    First thing you should do after the seasoning is fill that sucker. As mentioned before, make the 300 ct your aging humi and the 50 ct your smoking humi.

In regards to how long you should keep the stick in each humi: for the aging humi, throw everything you don't think you'll be smoking in the next month or so in there along with the sticks you want to have a few years on. The sticks you want or might want to smoke in the next month go in the smoking humi.