Home Cigar 101

Calle Ocho

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
This low cost stick was featured in the latest Ccom newsletter and I just happened to receive some this week. As a guy that smokes 3-4 sticks a day I am always looking for a good low cost stick to control expenses some. I have to say I was quite impressed with the Calle Ocho. Great construction and burn, nice flavor but what really struck me was the long finish on the retrohale. It is absolutely fabulous. I will be stocking plenty of these for everyday sticks at work. Give them a try if you are looking for a budget stick, well worth the money.

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I was wondering about these myself, thanks for the info. I'm always looking for a bargain myself.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    This low cost stick was featured in the latest Ccom newsletter and I just happened to receive some this week. As a guy that smokes 3-4 sticks a day I am always looking for a good low cost stick to control expenses some. I have to say I was quite impressed with the Calle Ocho. Great construction and burn, nice flavor but what really struck me was the long finish on the retrohale. It is absolutely fabulous. I will be stocking plenty of these for everyday sticks at work. Give them a try if you are looking for a budget stick, well worth the money.
    Nice to hear, I've been wondering about these, hard to shell out $ for an unknown
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    yeah i bought a bundle of these last year. pretty good. not outstanding, but price/taste wise it's a helluva deal.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too think they are a pretty decent smoke for the price. I got some as part of a sampler somewhere and I really liked them.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    I think I would enjoy this in the gigante monster size. Too bad they are sold out. I wait.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Anyone have some they want to trade?

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to thinking about these again, haven't had one. This time of year the $ are squeezed pretty thin, so I'm always looking for a good deal on a cheap maduro. So, I was wondering if there was another budget maduro that these were similar to. My favorite is Gran Habano Vintage 2002, are the Calle Ocho similar? Or, would you put them closer to, oh, say, House Label Brazilian? or maybe La Estrella Cubana? or something else altogether? Any input is appreciated, thanks guys.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain