Home Cigar 101

Never saw this before.

so yesterday i was smoking a CAO 10th Anni Maduro. While i was smoking this stick i noticed that on the end there was something oozing out. It looked like sap on a tree. Has anyone seen this before. Is this normal because normally i smoke at night sight might not have noticed before.

Comments

• jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Thats whats killing us LOL That is the tar and nicotine and oils and the like from the cigar the stronger the cigar the more oils. It also has alot to do with how fast your smoking you can get it heated up to quick causing excess oils and bitterness to come out of the smoke. It is very normal in fact it is in every smoke to some degree
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    RaschNuts:
    so yesterday i was smoking a CAO 10th Anni Maduro. While i was smoking this stick i noticed that on the end there was something oozing out. It looked like sap on a tree. Has anyone seen this before. Is this normal because normally i smoke at night sight might not have noticed before.
    Yeah, it's tar, or at least that's what most people refer to it as. Don't get it on your lips or tongue. I've got it before when I draw too hard, or smoke too fast, and usually with a stick that has draw issues. Most of the time when I get it it's with torpedos, but I have got it on occasion with normal parejos before.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    thanks guys. I thought it had to do with the oils just wasnt sure.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    As has been stated, it is tar. It happens on occasion. I always wipe it off and sometimes recut. If it really bothers you and the stick isn't a super premium, just 86 it and go to another.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    I've seen pics of it on the net. Nasty looking stuff.
    One2gofst:
    As has been stated, it is tar. It happens on occasion. I always wipe it off and sometimes recut. If it really bothers you and the stick isn't a super premium, just 86 it and go to another.
    didnt bother me was just curious. I was on the golf course and noticed. It was extremely windy wasnt sure if that had anything to do with it. Might have cause it to burn hotter or faster.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    One2gofst:
    86, I heard that! What're U a Mets fan //??
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    How does it affect your lips or tongue...?
    didnt really do much. i touched it with my finger the first time i saw it and tasted it. Seemed fine nothing that bothered me. after that didnt really notice it. had to 86 it shortly way to windy.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I wipe it off, squeeze any extra out and keep going. I had this happen on both a Carlos and Carlito God of Fire