Home Cigar 101

Xikar Ultra Slim lighter and cutter

I am thinking of getting the Xikar Ultra Slim Lighter and Cutter combo. Seems like a nice product. Has anyone bought this yet and have any feedback on value, performance, pros, cons etc... for both the lighter and/or the cutter???

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive never used this particular product, but i have had a bunch of Xikar Products. I have always loved Xikar and i have a feeling i always will. the warranty alone makes it worth it.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I have it and its pretty awesome. I would not call it slim though, this is a pretty full size lighter. It's actually bigger and thicker than the Executive lighter. The cutter on it is actually a better cut than my Xi2 and it looks slick. The lighter is very good, has the fuel gauge window which is a real treat. The flame is a pretty standard single jet. Nothing to write home about, but its certainly a quality flame. To sum it up, its a GREAT lighter and cutter combo, but there is a little misleading info in there about it being slim or exceptionally portable. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.
  • ironhorse:
    I have it and its pretty awesome. I would not call it slim though, this is a pretty full size lighter. It's actually bigger and thicker than the Executive lighter. The cutter on it is actually a better cut than my Xi2 and it looks slick. The lighter is very good, has the fuel gauge window which is a real treat. The flame is a pretty standard single jet. Nothing to write home about, but its certainly a quality flame. To sum it up, its a GREAT lighter and cutter combo, but there is a little misleading info in there about it being slim or exceptionally portable. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.
    Thanks for the feedback. The lighter sounds nice with the fuel gauge. Have you used the cutter long enough for it to get dull? Have you had to take advantage of Xikar's lifetime guarantee service? I have heard mixed reviews on Xikar's customer service.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    newbiesmoker24:
    ironhorse:
    Thanks for the feedback. The lighter sounds nice with the fuel gauge. Have you used the cutter long enough for it to get dull? Have you had to take advantage of Xikar's lifetime guarantee service? I have heard mixed reviews on Xikar's customer service.
    as far as dealing with Xikar, I know there is absolutely no need for you to do this. Just take it in to and B&M that sells their products and they will exchange it for you on the spot, no questions asked. If they don't have a replacement for you, they will send it out to Xikar and have one sent for you free of charge and in a hurry. I only buy Xikar now because I LOVE their warranty!
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    ejenne87:
    newbiesmoker24:
    ironhorse:
    as far as dealing with Xikar, I know there is absolutely no need for you to do this. Just take it in to and B&M that sells their products and they will exchange it for you on the spot, no questions asked. If they don't have a replacement for you, they will send it out to Xikar and have one sent for you free of charge and in a hurry. I only buy Xikar now because I LOVE their warranty!

That is pretty awesome - I did not know that you could just go to a B&M that sells Xikar products and have them take care of it
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    newbiesmoker24:
    ironhorse:
    I have had it for about 4 months, and I cut smoke about 3 cigars a week, and its still razor sharp. I have not had any problems with xikars service, but I have never had to send anything back!
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone. I may be holding off on a nice cutter/lighter until Christmas but I thought that this was a nice set. It seems like everyone is pretty happy with it. Thanks!