Home Cigar 101

Xikar crystals

hey guys i recently removed the old crapy humi pucks from my humidors and replaced them with a 150 and 50 crystal pucks i also replaced the hygrometers with the digital ones that i salt tested and i used there own glycol solution... the package claims that it will release or absorb moister to keep them at 70rh but they seem to be staying at 80...now i have smoked a few and they seem to be burning great maybe a little tight which would make sense...my question is could i have salt tested wrong? and they are auctly at 70 but it reads 80? and what can i do to bring it down maybe sum desiccant packs or sumthin..

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    double check the salt test first.

3 parts salt
    one part water. should make a nice paste.
    put in dark temperature stable area and let it sit for 24 hours.

if you are actually at 80% after that then there are ways to bring it down. this time of year the air is getting colder and is able to hold less moisture. if it is below 60* outside, all you may have to do is open the humidor for 15 minutes every day until it is not too high when you check on it.
  • i never measured when i did the salt test and i left it over night so maybe that's it..