Home Cigar 101
Options

Newbie Nub question

I'm ordering a Nub sampler. I usually prefer the sweeter flavors offered by maduro wrappers but they're not available. Would the cameroon be most likely suitable for me? I like a smoke with at least medium body and these Nubs seem real nice.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I am a maduro fan and I like a cameroon wrapper. I can't speak for the Nub, but at the very worst you get a smoke you don't like, so I feel it never hurts to try something new since you might just find a new favorite.

Joe
  • Options
    6clicks6clicks Posts: 34

Tkankya Joe. I'll give them a taste.

George

• Options
    j0z3r:
    I am a maduro fan and I like a cameroon wrapper. I can't speak for the Nub, but at the very worst you get a smoke you don't like, so I feel it never hurts to try something new since you might just find a new favorite.

Joe

No. You're not madurofan... STOP LYING!!! Stick out tongue [:P]
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    whats strange is that i like a good maduro and all of the last cameroon that i have smoked i have seriously disliked.

strange. maybe ill have to try some more cameroon to "prove" i do or dont like them.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge maduro fan, obviously. However, for a different reason. I like the peppery finish that most maduros have. I wasn't a big fan of the Comacho triple maduro bc it lacked that pepper. For that same reason I love the Cameroon and Ecudorian wrappers. I like that peppery bite not so much the sweetness in the maduro. So even though we may all love maduros it may be for different reasons. I've smoked all the NUBs now aside from the Conneticuts and IMHO the box pressed cameroon is the best but again I like its peppery spice. The Habano is definetly the most full bodied and does have a nice pepper and very subtle earthy notes, maybe the sweetest although that isn't saying mcuh as its not really sweet at all. The conneticut from all I've heard is a mild cigar, not my cup of tea. I'm not a fan of conneticuts as the few I have had have been low on flavour. Just my 2 cents. As THE madurofan ;)