Home Cigar 101

Beads...

DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
I am finally switching over from humidifier with prop glyc/dis water combo to hearfelt beads....I have a pound on the way....I am using 2 humis and 1 50qt cooler, the plan is, I will put a half pound of beads in the cooler in some sort of tray, probably end up using a nylon to hold the beads?? The 2 humis have an upper and lower deck, on the upper deck a tubo will fit nicely in each so I will make lots of pin holes in the tubo's and fill with beads for the upper decks then the bottom decks I will use the rest of the beads in each, sound about right?

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    What capacity are the humi's?

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Sounds about right to me - just remember that coolers are airtight, moreso than any wooden humidor, so you don't need as much as if you used a wooden humidor
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    humis are 75 count and 150 count...I will split the a half pound between the humis because more than needed is not an issue
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    What brand of beads?
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    The cooler should be fine, because that's a little over 1.5 cubic feet (if my math is correct), and each pound of beads covers 5 cubic feet... so 2.5 cubic feet is what a half pound covers, so you're all good, because more beads is better. Use multiple bags though. I would use maybe two or three bags of beads in a single cooler. More evenly spaced is better.

As for the humis, I would put either two 1/8 pound nylon baggies in the 75ct, one on each level, and two 1/4 pound bags in each level of the 150ct.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    docbp87:
    The cooler should be fine, because that's a little over 1.5 cubic feet (if my math is correct), and each pound of beads covers 5 cubic feet... so 2.5 cubic feet is what a half pound covers, so you're all good, because more beads is better. Use multiple bags though. I would use maybe two or three bags of beads in a single cooler. More evenly spaced is better.

As for the humis, I would put either two 1/8 pound nylon baggies in the 75ct, one on each level, and two 1/4 pound bags in each level of the 150ct.
    Along the same lines I was thinking - meaning more beads will be needed.

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    You basically need a pound of beads. 1/2 a pound for the cooler, and 1/2 for the humis.