Home Cigar 101

Best small cigars?

I'm a big fan of smaller sized cigars for various reasons, mostly because I don't always have time to sit enjoy a full sized smoke. I bought a box of RP Juniors in the maduro a while back and really loved them, but alas I am almost out and I figured it's time for a box of something new. Anyone have any suggestions on good small cigars or should I stick with RP juniors?

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Tatuaje Petite Reserva (4.5x32) is an amazing smoke, and lasts 30-45 minutes usually, depending on how fast you smoke it. Less time for a quick smoker. All the depth of character of the other broadleaf Tats, but small. Worth every penny. Petite Cabaiguan is also great.

Davidoff makes some awesome small cigars as well, like the Classic line Primeros. For something cheaper, the CAO Brazilia Cariocas come in tins of 5, and are every bit as good and reliable as the larger Brazilias. Oh! The DPG Blue Demi-Tasse is awesome, and tiny as well.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Cohiba Red Dot Pequenos are great. And they're not as horrendously overpriced as the full sized ones.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    They aren't as small as the others mentioned here, but the Antano Dark Corojo and the La Aurora 107 are both fantastic in the corona size.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    LFD Carajos are the best small cigar i have had. CAO makes tins that are decent as well.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Father's Day one year, my son got me a tin of the small Onyx and they were really good. Great when you only have about 20 minutes to smoke.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    H Upmann Demitasse are nice. Montecristo memories are good. Perdomo has started making five count tins of small cigars in the champagne and habano maduro blends, the habano maduro are very good.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Some are dry cured and some are made to stay in your humidor. Just be careful as you can ruin either set.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    i really liked the La Aroma de Cuba interludes...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Just saw that Puros Indios now has a 4x30rg cigar... might have to try it.

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I really like the 6 cigar tins in partagas black and in CAO Brazilia. 4 x 36 me thinks. My favorite everyday smokes are always 5 x 42
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    wwhwang:
    Cohiba Red Dot Pequenos are great. And they're not as horrendously overpriced as the full sized ones.
    +1. So far these are my favorite small cigars. Picked up some miniature Montecristo Whites last week but havent tried them yet. I'll let you know what I think when I do!

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    There was an article about a year ago in the Fall '09 issue of Cigar Magazine about small, tinned smokes where they reviewed about 30 different varieties, perhaps somebody with that issue could scan you the article?

As for my own opinion, Arturo Fuente Exquisitos are AMAZING for a small cigar; I picked up a few the last time I hung out with Kuzi at the Village to have some short smokes and I thought they were great for a 25-35 minute stogie. They are 4.5 x 33 and I believe come in Cameroon, Maduro, and Sun-Grown (if you can find them). The only downside (or upside, depending) is that they only come in a 50 count box, at around $110 give or take $5.

Other than that, the Onyx tins, Cohiba Pequenos, and the CAO Petite Tin Panetelas and L'Anniversaire Petite Cameroon Tins are great little smokes, as well as the LFD Carajos that several people have mentioned in this thread, particularly the Oscuro-wrapped ones.

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    The Sniper:
    wwhwang:
    +1. So far these are my favorite small cigars. Picked up some miniature Montecristo Whites last week but havent tried them yet. I'll let you know what I think when I do!

OK, tried a Monte White this morning at work, I will give it a 7 out of ten. Pretty good smoke, but I was a little (OK, more than a little) disappointed that it didnt taste a thing like its regular-size namesake. My vote for the best is going to have to stay Cohiba Pequenos, with the Monte Whites coming in as a solid second.

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    I really like the 6 cigar tins in partagas black and in CAO Brazilia. 4 x 36 me thinks. My favorite everyday smokes are always 5 x 42
    +1, just finished my last tin. +1 on the Cohibas too.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    Tatuaje Petite Reserva (4.5x32) is an amazing smoke, and lasts 30-45 minutes usually, depending on how fast you smoke it. Less time for a quick smoker. All the depth of character of the other broadleaf Tats, but small. Worth every penny. Petite Cabaiguan is also great.

Davidoff makes some awesome small cigars as well, like the Classic line Primeros. For something cheaper, the CAO Brazilia Cariocas come in tins of 5, and are every bit as good and reliable as the larger Brazilias. Oh! The DPG Blue Demi-Tasse is awesome, and tiny as well.
    That and also the new Petit Reserva Cazadores.
  • docbp87:
    Oh! The DPG Blue Demi-Tasse is awesome, and tiny as well.
    +1 on the Pepin Blue Demi-tasse. Also the Pepin Cuban Classic Perla is outstanding as well.
  • jkallen83jkallen83 Posts: 142
    i got a couple tins of the CAO Gold Karats for something small to smoke...picked up a single Oliva Connecticut small cigar im smoking now,,,both are ok if u need or want a quick smoke, but they do lack what the bigger sized cigar have....but they are decent smokes. check'em out.