Home Cigar 101

Keeping the Flame Alive

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
I thought this was a nice FYI article on the care of your butane lighters...so I decided to post it.
link

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good article. A few of the suggestions I was aware of, but I learned some new ones which might help keep my lighters in good shape.

Thanks for bring this article to light. Sorry, I just had to say that.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Great article, some things i had no idea of. My question is at my altitude, 5000 feet, my lighter works pretty good. When i travel i can go anywhere from 3000 to 11,000 feet, I find my lighter works better the lower the altitude. Now im sure its the lack of air the higher you go..... just figured it wouldnt make that big of difference.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The highest I've been (while not in an airplane) was about 12,500ft out in Denver. My lighter did light, but it was so windy, it wasn't worth trying to lite anything.

"Long ashes my friends."

• GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I was expecting an article on long term relationships.
  • Goldy:
    I was expecting an article on long term relationships.

LOL!! Remember to tell her how important she is to you before you neglect her by walking away to smoke a cigar...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    After having 2 supposedly nice lighters fail completely I am now a firm believer in the Ronson Jet Lite. For $4 i never have to worry about where I laid down the lighter, how good the fuel is, is it getting scratched up in my pocket, etc. BTW, they work really well also.