Home Ratings & Reviews

AVO Heritage

Just had my first... picked some up in a trade with jacketsrule a few weeks ago and fired my first up today... while I was "cleaning" the garage...

I enjoyed it... it started slow with LOTs of pepper... the pepper died away and got more meaty... it reminded me of eating a really hearty stew... thick, chewy smoke and round earthy flavors... lots of leather and woody goodness... lasted me about an hour, though I was doing other things, so I smoked it pretty slow... it went out on me twice, but that was more my fault than that of the stick itself...

all in all I liked it... I'd buy more if they showed up on a DD or something but wouldn't go out of my way to track them down...

anyone else have a thought on these?

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I liked it as well and tend to agree with you on all counts. Don't know if I'd go out of my way to grab more, but definitely my favorite AVO so far. I thought it was considerably different than the rest of the AVO line.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I put my thoughts about it here:

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/196042.aspx

The short of it was I got bored with the Toro. The blast of flavor you get at the beginning is good, but after it dissipates it's really nothing special. I need to hunt down a Churchill sometime.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Not likely to see these on a DD, as they are one of those brands that has pricing requirements, like Tatuaje and Drew Estate.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im ok with the Avo heritage. its a good smoke but coming from Avo i expected a bit more influence from Kelner. it didnt have much of his style in there at all. im not complaining so much as pointing out what my expectations were and what i got out of it.
    goes to show that you should never walk into a cigar "expecting" one thing. seems like whenever i do that i get something else and then im a bit disappointed for no good reason.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    My local B&M just had a tasting of that exact cigar. I didn't have my hopes too high as I haven't had an Avo that I've enjoyed; just not too keen on their flavor profile.However, I really like this one. You're spot on with your review; after the first inch it did get "stewy".