Home General Discussion

Newbie checking in

Hello All.

I wanted to say hi, and say thank you to everyone that contributes on this forum. I just started smoking cigars about ~3-4 months ago. Did some searching on the web for a place to purchase cigars online, as I am working currently in Iraq. (Not military, BIG BIG thank you to the troops here, I've meet some good guys). If you are ever at Al Asad Air Base send me a PM, I would be glad to share some of my sticks I have.

I am glad that I found Cigar.com. Quality, and great service! Plus the BOTL community from what I've read here is great! I am looking forward to becoming a part of it. Lots of helpful information here, that I have taken advantage of. Thank you!

When not in Iraq or traveling around, I hail from Livingston California (San Joaquin Valley).

Some of my favorites so far are: RP 90s, RP Decade, RP Sungrown, Man O War Ruination, AB Tempus Habano, and a few others. I like trying out different Maduros also. Still testing out any thing I can get my hands on. Really enjoy the COTMC for that!

Looking to do some trades in the future, and contributing to the community.

Thank you!

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Welcome good sir!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    welcome aboard!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Welcome!
  • aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    welcome and hope you enjoy the company. i know i have
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome to the group
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Welcome to the best damn place on the net. I got a civy buddy there, last name Cave. Do you know him?
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Welcome spanky hope you stick around.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Welcome! If you're looking for some more maduro's, try the 5 Vegas Gold Maduro; a good stick at a really low price
    xmacro:
    Welcome! If you're looking for some more maduro's, try the 5 Vegas Gold Maduro; a good stick at a really low price
    Sweet idea I forgot I have a few resting that I needed to revisit. Also if you can spare the extra cash I would say try Camacho Triple Maduro or Padron 1964 Anny Maduro. Both are in my top 10.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Tommy S. Welcome to the group.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, I'm new myself and also working in the Middle East.
    Light 'em up.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Spanky! Glad to have you around. Also if youre digging on Maduros, give the CCOM Brazilian label a whirl. Superb stick at an unbeatable price. I was in Al Asad almost a year ago to the day. The sand storms are EPIC!
  • Thank you Everyone for the welcome!!

xmacro:

I will put these on my next order list...thank you!

• Sandman1am:
    Sweet idea I forgot I have a few resting that I needed to revisit. Also if you can spare the extra cash I would say try Camacho Triple Maduro or Padron 1964 Anny Maduro. Both are in my top 10.

Jetmech_63:
    Welcome Spanky! Glad to have you around. Also if youre digging on Maduros, give the CCOM Brazilian label a whirl. Superb stick at an unbeatable price. I was in Al Asad almost a year ago to the day. The sand storms are EPIC!

Good thing I have a new Humidor coming my way, I see a second xmas gift to myself coming. @Jetmech Been here 3 years now, I agree EPIC sand storms. I will see if I can find some of my pics. Thanks again guys for the recommendations.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings to you sir, looking forward to your input.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome brother.
    tommyspanky:
    Sandman1am:

Jetmech_63:

Good thing I have a new Humidor coming my way, I see a second xmas gift to myself coming. @Jetmech Been here 3 years now, I agree EPIC sand storms. I will see if I can find some of my pics. Thanks again guys for the recommendations.

Which Humi do you have coming and let us know if you need more recommendations. This group has turned me on to some great smokes.
  • Sandman1am:
    Which Humi do you have coming and let us know if you need more recommendations. This group has turned me on to some great smokes.
    I went with this one. I am always up for some recommendations. I like to read through lots of the threads, burns time and there is a ton of good info and recommendations. Thanks!
    tommyspanky:
    Sandman1am:
    I went with this one. I am always up for some recommendations. I like to read through lots of the threads, burns time and there is a ton of good info and recommendations. Thanks!
    I looked at that one on another site I think. They advertised that it would hold up to 15 boxes or something crazy like that???? The pictures don't do this thing justice for how big it really is I guess. Nice choice.
  • tommyspanky:
    Hello All.

I wanted to say hi, and say thank you to everyone that contributes on this forum. I just started smoking cigars about ~3-4 months ago. Did some searching on the web for a place to purchase cigars online, as I am working currently in Iraq. (Not military, BIG BIG thank you to the troops here, I've meet some good guys). If you are ever at Al Asad Air Base send me a PM, I would be glad to share some of my sticks I have.

I am glad that I found Cigar.com. Quality, and great service! Plus the BOTL community from what I've read here is great! I am looking forward to becoming a part of it. Lots of helpful information here, that I have taken advantage of. Thank you!

When not in Iraq or traveling around, I hail from Livingston California (San Joaquin Valley).

Some of my favorites so far are: RP 90s, RP Decade, RP Sungrown, Man O War Ruination, AB Tempus Habano, and a few others. I like trying out different Maduros also. Still testing out any thing I can get my hands on. Really enjoy the COTMC for that!

Looking to do some trades in the future, and contributing to the community.

Thank you!

Welcome my man, I'm in the Central Cal valley, would love to have you herf with Jetmech and myself when you you get back home.