Home Cigar 101

Cigar.com brands question

I'm relatively new to cigar smoking and have been looking for relatively cheap ways to try different types, specifically different wrappers. Looking around the cigar.com brands seemed to be a good way to accomplish this.

I saw a review in the reviews section of most of the cigar.com varieties but the one that interested me the most, the cameroon, seemed to be left out. I tried the search function and only managed to find one person stating that they were his "go to" cigar. I'm looking to buy a sampler pack from them regardless, but I'm impatient and want to see some other people's opinions on them.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think the Cameroon is pretty good. It might be worth your while to get the variety pack that samples all the different labels.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im not a huge fan of cameroon wrappers myself... but dont let that stop you. there are tons of people on the forum that swear by a cameroon.

the cigar.com cameroon, ive been told, is one of the best on the market regardless of price. If you like a cameroon wrapper i would check it out..
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Pick up the sampler pack, that way you can try them all and see which ones you like. I'm currently working on them, I'm hoping to like one or two 'cause they're not that expensive and I could use a great smoke that isn't too expensive to give out during poker games.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Has anyone figured out where the Ccom labels are rolled?

RP eluded that some of the labels are rolled in his factory, can anyone confirm?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Has anyone figured out where the Ccom labels are rolled?
    The Corojo is made/rolled at El Rey de Los Habanos in Nicaragua, Brazilian is made/rolled at Tabacalera Fernandez also in Nicaragua and the rest of them are rolled at the Tabadom factory in the DR.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    my favorite c.com brand is the brazilian. it is quite good.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    The Nub Cameroon is probably ranked in my top 5 or at least top 10 list... I personally find the cameroon wrappers fantastic and the ccom one isn't bad for a $2.50 smoke... 'course maduro also always has a battle with cameroon for that special place in my heart... Though I tend to enjoy lots of various wrappers... Ahh screw it, just buy one of everything!!!
  • thats what I did, I ended up ordering the sampler pack with one of each type. I can't wait.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Good move! Thats probably what I'm gonna do is pick up the sampler cause I haven't tried any of the Ccom labels yet either.
  • I've been working my way through the Cigar.com sampler and have found them to be quite good. Next I will be getting the "size sampler" of the blends I liked best. I'll make the determination from there about box purchases.
    I liked the Brazilian more than the Cuban. I'm hoping that one of them will pop out and say, Grrrreat!
  • AZAZ Posts: 2

I've been smoking the Cigar.com Cameroon for a couple of years now.  I order them by the box usually 3 a month.  They are good for the price, my only issue with them is that they have a tendency to canoe (run).  I'm sure that is a rolling issue, my guess is the rollers are beginners.  The sample is a good way to start though.  I also like the 5 Vega's gold, alittle more money, not much though.  The CC Cameroon are my daily smoke, I do the 5 Vega's classic as a daily alternative.  My special smoke is a Rocky Patel.  Hope this helped.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I liked the Brazilian more than the Cuban. I'm hoping that one of them will pop out and say, Grrrreat!
    i think the brazillian is the best ccom brand
    All I have left is a purple, and though I have liked the red label the best thus far, I might give the brazilian another try. The blue wasn't bad, just very mild, a little more than for my taste.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I like the Brazillian and the Cubans of the House brands. The Cubans have a nice toasty flavour while the Brazillian is just a wonderful full flavoured cigar with a nice touch of sweetness to it. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    the ccom cubans were my favs of their house blends-nice toasty/spicey flavor-good price
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    The Brazilian was my favorite.