Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

A very informal review of 5 Vegas Miami Robusto.

JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
Great stick, IMO. Had it for the first time tonight. A very smooth, leathery pre-draw. A LOT of spice in the first 1/3 which mellowed out as the cigar went along. Instead of having a Dr. Pepper I made a "Dr. Pepper" by mixing beer and amaretto together (delicious), it brought out even more spice in the cigar.

Mostly curious to hear your guys' thoughts on this stick.
Light 'em up.

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I love them they are some of the best bang for your buck sticks.

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Best 5 Vegas cigar, IMO. Just a straight forward DPG blend. Ages well too.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    For whatever reason, I have had more 5 Vegas Miami's than probably any other stick. Always a go to for me - great bang for the buck. Plus, I always keep a stock of the petit coronas for the winter months. IMO the blend tanslates well into the smaller vitola for a solid quickie ('that's what she said'. sorry, couldn't help it).

I acutally had one last night. Might fire up another this evening.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I have been meaning to try these...never had em and i want one!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    One of my all-time favorites. I love just about anything that DPG does and this stick is a good example of his work. These do really well with age, I just bought a bunch more to throw in the aging humi. Yummm!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I got this as part of the DPG COTM shipment, so I'm curious to try the other DPG stuff, can't wait.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Off-topic, if you like Dr. Peppers (beer + amaretto version), try a lunchbox. In a pint glass, fill 1/4 light beer, 1/4 orange juice (so it's half full), drop a shot of amaretto and pound it like an irish car bomb. Amazing.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Off-topic, if you like Dr. Peppers (beer + amaretto version), try a lunchbox. In a pint glass, fill 1/4 light beer, 1/4 orange juice (so it's half full), drop a shot of amaretto and pound it like an irish car bomb. Amazing.
    Yeah I used to drink those in Phoenix, love them. Actually I just love drinking, period. lol
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    I gotta agree. I try to order a box of the robusto every month. havent had a bad one yet. cant keep them in my humi very long.
  • Options
    Aside from the Padron X000 series, these may be my favorite affordable stick. They're fantastic. I prefer the M5 size - it has all of the Pepin flavor, without knocking me on my ass.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dowjr1:
    I have been meaning to try these...never had em and i want one!
    do it
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    I smoked this one ROTT. Anyone have any idea what these are like with some age on them? Does the spice mellow out at all? Not that I mind one way or another, as I'm currently having a love affair with maduros.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Miami are excellent candidates for aging. The spice doesn't go away but it smooths out and all the flavors really mesh together in a most delicious, subtle way. Some Miamis have tight draws and burn issues when fresh and rest helps this out a lot too. Definitely save some out and let them sit for at least a year and you'll be rewarded with an amazingly flavorful solid medium body smoke. I have a couple I'm going to try to get 2 years on and see what that's like, they're at about 20 months right now.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a box of Toro's that have close to 18 months on them and I still haven't taken the wrap off the box yet. I think they will make it to the 2 year mark with no problem, we'll see about the 3 year mark however.
  • Options
    Sounds like a good excuse to get a box or two and stash them away.
    Light 'em up.