Home Ratings & Reviews

Very Brief Review of Oliva Serie V Torpedo

So I do try to get in a couple stogies a week during the winter and a mild day here in Northen VA allowed for my two German Shepherds to enjoy the dog park and me a nice Oliva V Torp. I have read many good reviews and to some this stogie may be yesterday's news. It had probably 5 months rest in my humi. Appearance was great with no veins to speak of, very solid in the hand and attractive. This clearly is a well made cigar. Lit up no problem and was off. Draw was a bit tight and I snipped a bit more off to help open it up. But flavor was fantastic and everything I had expected...rich and delicious. Even towards the end it did not get harsh in any way. It did not put out a lot of smoke...probably due to the draw issue. I have 4 more in the humi and am looking forward to them. When I finish these I will for sure get some more especially if I can find a deal. I hear the Maduro version of this stogie is very good as well and would love to give them a go. Will let you know how the next ones go. Cheers.

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    These are a great ligero cigar. Like you mentioned I also have been having draw problems with my torpedos. They seem too packed into the end to allow good air flow. Next time I restock on these I'm going back to either the double robusto or lancero, whichever I can get a good deal on. But in general, yeah, these cigars rock out.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    bigharpoon:
    These are a great ligero cigar. Like you mentioned I also have been having draw problems with my torpedos. They seem too packed into the end to allow good air flow. Next time I restock on these I'm going back to either the double robusto or lancero, whichever I can get a good deal on. But in general, yeah, these cigars rock out.
    I was gifted one of these by gmill in the belicoso size and it was PHENOMINAL!

• dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Yeah but not all the Torps are like that (too packed). I wonder if it is a rolling problem or what. As I said i have 4 more and am curious to see how the rest go.
  • i had one this weekend too for the first time. It was a robusto tho. I enjoyed it a lot very rich and smooth. Had alot of burn issues with it after the half way point and it started to tunnel as well, but overall i thoroughly enjoyed this stick. I will def be picking up some more.
  • Going to have to try these myself. By the way.. Where in VA are you? I'm here in Manassas.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Had one a couple months ago and liked it.
    Light 'em up.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    Had one a couple months ago and liked it.
    Same here, wish I had a box.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    XIced just sent you a PM on location...
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    bigharpoon:
    I was gifted one of these by gmill in the belicoso size and it was PHENOMINAL!

You also won one I think (eh-eh-eh)!
  • dowjr1:
    XIced just sent you a PM on location...
    Replied Dan