Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

CLOSED FOR ENTRIES--Logo for a five pack? CLOSED

I am new to this whole cigar forum thing, not the cigar part, just the forum thing. To celebrate my joining in I am proposing a trade of sorts. I am deployed to Doha, Qatar. Seeing as how this is my second deployment, the first one being the reason I started in the first place, I started a cigar club. The name of the club is The Dead Camel Cigar Club (DCCC). I am proposing a contest in which the winner will be rewarded with a five pack of cigars and another token of appreciation purchased in the country of Qatar. The cigars will bought here on the local economy and shipped USPS. The deadline for entries will be the first Monday of March @ 1700 (5:00PM) your time; 0100 (1:00AM) my time. We need a logo. Whatever your mind can dream up, we can use. Keep in mind this is a military cigar club, so the logo can be a little more grotesque than a company logo. All entries should be emailed to rc.warmack@gmail.com because my army email address won’t handle files of any size. If you have any questions feel free to email me at the same address, or use Google talk, you can also leave me a voicemail or text me @ 678.321.7246. Any questions at all, or anything at all just let me know. I appreciate all suggestions.

I appologize for any missgivings about the contest. It will not be called until the deadline set up in this post. We will hold off the voting until the second week in March (I didn't not realize that the first monday in march this year came after the first tuesday!)

Edited: The deadline will be as stated above!

Comments

• Options
    nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Cool idea! Unfortunately my artistic talents end at stick figures.

Thanks for everything you guys are doing over there!
  • Options
    hey brotha , thats an awesome idea!! and wanted to thank u and ur fellow brothas out there for doing what you are doing for our amazing country!!! please be safe!!! and will say a prayer for all u guys !! i will try to come up with a logo....
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    branch?
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    lcpleel:
    branch?
    He's Army, I saw he said something about Army email in there. I'll see what I can come up with man! Welcome to the forums
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    lcpleel:
    branch?
    He's Army, I saw he said something about Army email in there. I'll see what I can come up with man! Welcome to the forums
    Good eye Good eye~
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Its the job we love doing, I tried to get out once and decided kicking in doors and shooting people in the face was where I belonged. Then they sent me on this deployment doing gate guard. We dont do it for the paycheck, maybe the insurance, but deffinately not the paycheck. Thanks for the well wishes and help me get the word out about the DCCC. We are always looking for donations of any sort. Punches, cutters, cigars, humidors, travel cases, lighters; new or used (lighters have to be empty to mail though). If you know anyone or have a local cigar shop that wants to get involved in supporting the troops let me know and I will give you the address. Again, thanks for your support.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    ENFIDL:
    lcpleel:
    branch?
    Good eye Good eye~
    I am Army. To smart for the Marine Corp (too smart to stay in it rather, I did get my start there), Too dumb for the Air Force, and I hate boats! Only logical choice was Go Army. So now I get the big green weenie.
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    lcpleel:
    ENFIDL:
    lcpleel:
    branch?
    Good eye Good eye~
    I am Army. To smart for the Marine Corp (too smart to stay in it rather, I did get my start there), Too dumb for the Air Force, and I hate boats! Only logical choice was Go Army. So now I get the big green weenie.
    lol and it's Corps not Corp ;)
  • Options
    You gotta forgive me sleep deprivation is getting to me, however it is good to see that your humor was not completely removed at Boot. Im going to bed, seems like this might actually generate the intended outcome, or at least get a few responses. Any advice for the newbie can be thrown at me via PM.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    DSWarmack:
    lcpleel:
    ENFIDL:
    lcpleel:
    branch?
    Good eye Good eye~
    lol and it's Corps not Corp ;)

That "I am Army. To smart for the Marine Corp" raised an eyebrow... Im proud to be a Devil Dog and would have it no other way. ~GET SOME!~
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    You gotta forgive me sleep deprivation is getting to me, however it is good to see that your humor was not completely removed at Boot.
    It only improved it....lol 3 months of clownfest!!!
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    DSWarmack:
    You gotta forgive me sleep deprivation is getting to me, however it is good to see that your humor was not completely removed at Boot.
    Lol... Let me guess platoon artist?
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    ENFIDL:
    DSWarmack:
    Not me! Not by the longest strech of the imagination. i am as artisticly challenged as a stick. however I did make some good money as Director of Sales and Marketing for a graphic design firm in Vegas for a while. Checked with the guys from out there and got a couple of submissions, but they were a little to far on the comic strip side for some of the guys in the DCCC.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    ENFIDL:
    DSWarmack:
    lol no I was a squad leader, worst job ever! got smoked for anything and everything anybody did. Guide and squad leaders get up here and join them....F!!!!!!!!! bahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I want to thank you and the guys for what you do. I can't even draw a decent stick figure but I love the name.
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    I am new to this whole cigar forum thing, not the cigar part, just the forum thing. To celebrate my joining in I am proposing a trade of sorts. I am deployed to Doha, Qatar. Seeing as how this is my second deployment, the first one being the reason I started in the first place, I started a cigar club. The name of the club is The Dead Camel Cigar Club (DCCC). I am proposing a contest in which the winner will be rewarded with a five pack of cigars and another token of appreciation purchased in the country of Qatar. The cigars will bought here on the local economy and shipped USPS. The deadline for entries will be the first Monday of March @ 1700 (5:00PM) your time; 0100 (1:00AM) my time. We need a logo. Whatever your mind can dream up, we can use. Keep in mind this is a military cigar club, so the logo can be a little more grotesque than a company logo. All entries should be emailed to rc.warmack@gmail.com because my army email address won’t handle files of any size. If you have any questions feel free to email me at the same address, or use Google talk, you can also leave me a voicemail or text me @ 678.321.7246. Any questions at all, or anything at all just let me know. I appreciate all suggestions.
    What Unit are you in? MOS?
  • Options
    The unit is 1177th TC, however, I am not an 88M, but a 14J. I was sent to this unit to switch MOSes, but got deployed before it happened.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    You have email sir!
  • Options
    Apparently my internet isn't working eight, I've replied to you like 5 times. Ill try one more time then wait till I get to the real internet. I am in the 1177th Trans Co. I was sent there to lchange MOSes and got deployed before it happened. I am a 14J.
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    Apparently my internet isn't working eight, I've replied to you like 5 times. Ill try one more time then wait till I get to the real internet. I am in the 1177th Trans Co. I was sent there to lchange MOSes and got deployed before it happened. I am a 14J.
    I got your reply email.
  • Options
    We have received the first submission! Looks awesome! I can't wait for more to come in. Thanks to skweekz for his entry and support in this endavour.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    DSWarmack:
    I got your reply email.
    I was talking about the guy that asked my MOS. I only sent you one reply, but now I see that some of my replies ended up in the thread. Oh well, ill chalk it up to being a newbie with an odd internet portal.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to Doha!
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    skweekz:
    DSWarmack:
    I got your reply email.
    I was talking about the guy that asked my MOS. I only sent you one reply, but now I see that some of my replies ended up in the thread. Oh well, ill chalk it up to being a newbie with an odd internet portal.
    Haha It's cool. I kinda figured that once I went back and re-read what I wrote
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    You totally need to go with Menthol Moose from the simpsons! (Smoking moose ala Camel)
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcom JC I sent you a PM about cigar night at the top off. As for the moose thing... Don't moose have big antlers? That would be better for the Wisconson or Dakota chapters, named the 'Sick Moose Muses '!
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Yay-ya, right back atcha.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Welcome...a few questions about the logo -where will it be used? tatoos? letterhead? kinda changes the detail required, or not....do you want drawing? or photoshop image?
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome little contest. Thanks for your service. I am not going to be able to participate but I hope to see what guys come up with.
  • Options
    Ok, as for the detail... I am thinking Polo style Shirts, Stickers, maybe a humi or two, things like that. Photoshop would be best, but any image will be accepted. Vector file format would be perfect, but we can probably make a PDF file work if we absolutely have too. If you want to get a gold star , you could always make a logo that would be good for each purpose, but that is deffinately extra credit! I am getting a full sleve when I get back so a tatoo isnt completely out of the question.