Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Oliva Connecticut Reserve Lonsdale Review

Oliva Connecticut Reserve
6.5 x 44 Lonsdale

Pre-light aroma at the foot is of sweet hay. Wrapper is a pretty light brown with small but plentiful veins. Cut using a double-guillotine because I want the best draw I can get with a small ring size. The pre-light draw has a slight amount of tightness and slight sweet taste.
After toasting and lighting the first few draws are free and the burn is good. There is absolutely no spice/pepper and the finish is short, dry and toasty as is usually desired from a connecticut.
There is a flavor of bread and some cedar 10 minutes into the smoke and there is a decent amount of resting smoke from the foot; smoke from the draw is light but respectable for this stick size.
Once I am well into the first 1/3rd of this lonsdale, more cedar and wood flavors come out replacing the lighter bread notes but the stick remains toasty smooth.
The second 1/3rd of the cigar moves the cigar from a mild to a low-medium body and the flavor intensifies to a stronger - but still well-mannered - cedar flavor while giving a slightly longer finish on the palate.
The last 1/3rd of the stick moves to a straight-forward but still smooth tabacco flavor that remains toasty and never tries to buck the trend of what one usually wants from a good connecticut.
imageimage
I was surprised at how well this Lonsdale drew considering I'm used to larger ring sizes (50+) and found it to be an enjoyable smoke with good flavor that doesn't demand your attention but allows you to relax with your favorite coffee and a few bites of chocolate (that were lifted from a certain Las Vegas hotel) for a late afternoon treat.

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Another nice review - much appreciated!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Excellent review. This is one of my favorite milds, although Ive only had it in the robusto vitola. After reading your review, I will definitely have to try this out in a lonsdale.

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    This review inspired me to search, and I found that I have a lonsdale too. So I shall light it up as soon as I get a chance and see how it goes :-) I really love this cigar though, so I am sure I will enjoy it.