Home Cigar 101
Options

Looking for sweet cigars...

2»

Comments

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    What about the CAO CX2 or Gurkha Royal Brigade? Those are two I tend to keep on hand, and I normally go for one of those when I have a cigar sweet tooth. I know you said no infused sticks, but the Natural line from Drew Estate aren't infused. Have you tried any of those? If you want to give it a shot, try out the Irish Hops, Dirt Torpedo, or Pimp Stick.
    Been meaning to get some Royal Brigade for quite some time but C.com always seems to be out of stock Sad [:(] I would also like to suggest the Don Carlos #3 I seem to get a nice sweetness almost kind of like a peach as Kuzi suggested though not peach flavor from it. I would also assume the other vitola's in the Don Carlos line are similar but I have yet to smoke my DC #2 or the other one I have.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    'many' brands do not do that - only a handful do as a matter of fact (real cigars). And no they weren't, they are all natural.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Not that you don't already have enough suggestions . . . . but I figured i'd toss my hat into the ring as well.

I don't have the most refined palate, so I tend to pick up sweetness from Milder Maduros, because their pretty straight forward cigars without alot of flavors competing with the natural sweetness from the wrapper. This isn't a profile I gravitate towards, but I can appreciate a nice mild sweet cigar every now and again when the mood strikes.

Two that come to mind for me are the RP Vintage 1990s and Edge Light Maduros. I'm pretty neutral on RP as a brand and I've smoked a fair amount of his earlier stuff over the years and these are two of the sweeter cigars I've ever had. Super straight forward, mild smokes that let the natural sweetness from the fermentation of the maduro wrapper shine.
  • Options
    San Lotano Maduro is sweet for me, as is the Oliva Serie G Maduro to a lesser extent.