Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Lost City Opus X Lancero

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
On my road trip with by best friend out to Utah I decided to break out two of these and I was actually kinda dissapointed in them. I havent had much time to smoke recently but these seemed to be very mono chromatic in flavor. It was nice and smooth but there was little spice not too terribly complex. I have had other opuses before in different sizes that were better and I wonder if the lancero size was the downfall. Usually I like that size. Has anyone had a similar experience or am I off the deep end?

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Never heard anything but great reviews on the Opus Lancero. Maybe a dud?
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I had one lost city and I'm pretty sure it was the lancero and felt the same. Just underwhelming. I like the Opus in the lancero, but it's not my favorite.
  • Options
    Opus lance and Lost City lance are the same blend, same tobacco.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    The Lost Cities are going to need just as much rest as the regular line then, yes?
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ive got one Ive been sitting on.
    It has about 6 months in my humi and a year in the humi it came from before it landed in my humi!
    (make sense?)
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Grown at a different time. That was the whole point of Lost City. The tobacco was grown in the off season for a movie (The Lost City) and they thought they'd have to scrap everything since it wasn't their normal growing season. So yes and no.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I thought the lancero's were not using the LC tobacco but the regular opus blend. If I remember correctly the lancero's had the red band on them not the black..
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I thought the lancero's were not using the LC tobacco but the regular opus blend. If I remember correctly the lancero's had the red band on them not the black..
    I think they had both the LC harvest and the OR harvest that made the lancero's. My older sticks have no band, glassed tubed has red band, and I forgot from where but 1 had a black band.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Rob1110:
    I had one lost city and I'm pretty sure it was the lancero and felt the same. Just underwhelming. I like the Opus in the lancero, but it's not my favorite.
    Tell ya what... all you fine gentlemen who dont care for Opus whatever can feel free to donate them to me. Just pm me to get the address. :-D

• Options
    Rob1110:
    docbp87:
    Grown at a different time. That was the whole point of Lost City. The tobacco was grown in the off season for a movie (The Lost City) and they thought they'd have to scrap everything since it wasn't their normal growing season. So yes and no.
    Lanceros and the small perfectos (love stories I think) do not use the Lost City crop, just regular Opus Crop.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Rob1110:
    docbp87:
    Lanceros and the small perfectos (love stories I think) do not use the Lost City crop, just regular Opus Crop.
    what he said. I remember there was a lot of confusion when they first came out.