Home Ratings & Reviews

Nub San Andres Maduro

Nub San Andres Maduro

Preflight 4x64 leathery almost black wrapper. sweet tobacco with a cocoa flavor on the lips. Nice even toast and light.

First third

First few puffs of sweet tobacco with a malted flavor. Dark fruit flavors nicely on the tongue and through the retrohale. Strong pepper in the nose. A oak flavor similar to a finish of a merlot. Nice draw with not much smoke output. A straight burn with a flakey ash. Find a need for a double or triple draw to find enough smoke output.

Second third

Notes of Cedar and smokey chicory. Pepper has dissipated replaced with a smoother well fermented tobacco flavor. This is a medium smoke with no harshness. Cocoa remains with the tongue sweetness. Leather hits the senses with some strength doesn't hold on the plate but noted more so in the nose. Starting to warm up on the fingers and in the smoke. A licorice flavor comes as quicky as it goes wish it would have stuck around as it was a nice change.

Final third

Cigar opened up on smoke output now only needs a short pull. Flavors remain the same but more defined. Leather and cocoa sweetness with a cedar note in the nose. Chicory dissipated and is replaced by a smooth tobacco flavor. Finish is long and remains on the tongue, but is not heavy.

Final thoughts

This is a very good smoke although very similar to other cigars like Ruination, Decade, or any other Maduro for that matter. The differences that make it interesting is the clean sweetness on the tongue and the strong blast of leather. This cigar has no tongue bite of pepper or any harshness. The burn is razor sharp and the ash seems to hold all the way through. I find it interesting enough that I would not hesitate a buy. The ring gauge is not my favorite but if this changes the profile of the flavor for the worse then I would tend to stay with this size. Although a petite corona or Lancero would sure be nice, but I am a little bias on this, no??

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I wasn't even aware of this release. Oliva seems to be taking off with a lot of Sam's concepts since he left. I'm not usually a huge fan of maduros, but you made this one sound very interesting.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Where the hell did you find this badboy?
    Light 'em up.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Part of the Sampler given out with box purchase at the 2011 Studio Tobac Tour. A very interesting line up of possible cigars to roll out this year.