Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Cain FF Studio Tobac Sampler

Cain FF torpedo

Dark brown wrapper rolled perfectly . Minimal veins with a flawless wrapper 52x6.5 with a black ban sporting the Cain FF logo all in black. Draw of sweet tobacco with a musky flavor. Light up and toasted flawlessly.

First third

Burning my sinuses through the retrohale hope it settles down or I will not be able to retrohale this cigar and miss out on all the incredible flavors of espresso, leather, creamy sweetness with notes of nutmeg. This is a full strength cigar enough to make your nose bleed. I had to back off from the retrohale. It could be a cold coming on but it burns like hell.

Second third

Thank goodness the strength dial back a bit and now I can begin to enjoy this monster a$$ kicker. This the strongest cigar to date but the flavors are so defined. Dark cocoa, espresso, nutmeg, creamy sweetness, unbelievable flavor from this stick. Really enjoying it now half way through Pepper dials back and lets the flavors show. It is dessert on a stick requiring a full stomach. Starting in the head spins.

Final third

The burn is razor sharp. The flavors bolden and takes on a five spice flavor with a delightful sweetness. The espresso, cocoa, and creaminess remains. A chorus of flavor and complexity. A winner in my book.

Final thoughts

Studio Tobac has another winner on their hands with the FF. The strength takes half the cigar to mellow but turns into flavor which never  dissipates. Even with such strength comes refinement and complexity. I would love to see 5-10 years on this stick to mellow it even further. Although this is incredible as is. Aging it won't make it better just mellow out some of the fermentation  to show it's depth a bit more.  

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Good review. I smoked an FF robusto that came with Daytona box the add on sampler here at ccom. One thing of note is that the strength never really dissipated and the flavor was there from early on, though while the strength was substantial, it was never in your face nor did it detract from the flavor. I had a nicotine buzz for 90 minutes, but I enjoyed every bit of it due to the flavor coming through the cigar. I enjoyed that one as much as any Cain F I've had so far, maybe even more as the strength seemed a bit more subdued even though it was more substantial.