Home General Discussion

International Herf (Germany Edition) Now w/ Pictures!

Gentelmen,
I put this up as a space saver and a reminder to myself to do this as soon as I get home. To get it started though, I will say this:

1. RCY (Rick) is an awesome BOTL! He drove three hours on short notice to HERF with me on his territory and my time schedule. We weren't even sure that we were gonna be able to make it happen. We did, and I am so glad that it happened.

2. The man is certifiable! He is as crazy in person as he is on here and through the mail. As I am stalking through the mall, looking for him (He told me he'd have a box and a small Herf-a-dor with him), I make it to the food court. This guy comes out of nowhere and I realize its RCY because he has the aforementioned Herf-a-dor. So we decide where to go smoke and head out. He instead leads me to his vehicle where he has the box.... and a 40 count Herf-a-dor. He tells me that the box and contents of the 40 count are mine. So I look in the box, it contained one of his signature mugs, but because i was in his turf, it was a more difficult one to find! Not to mention the five pack of Titans that was in the box. As for what was in the 40 count I will edit this post to reveal the contents when I get back to the Doha, they are packed inside the miniature keg I had to buy to get them home safe! I do remember a few names to drop out, such as illusione, skull and bones, more Titans, LP No 9 (Dirty Rat, which I smoked right then...), and tons of others not yet listed!

3. The man has good taste! We both sent a package to lcpleel, and he commented that they were nearly identical. Well, our wedding bands are identical and his son and I share our first name. There was so much in common between us that it was like rekindling an old friendship rather that starting a new one.

OK, well I didn't save much room, but will come in and edit this one, and add pictures (it is me after all) as soon as I get to Doha.

Comments

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    illusione, skull and bones, more Titans, LP No 9 (Dirty Rat, which I smoked right then
    He has hit me with those sticks as well!

Glad you guys got to herf.
    Light 'em up.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We want pics! RCY is one heck of a BOTL. Hope to meet him in person someday myself.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    We want pics! RCY is one heck of a BOTL. Hope to meet him in person someday myself.

I think we can make that happen. JCizzle and I have already figured out how we will get to HERF.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Sitting in Kuwait, and I want to beat someone! I just went through my camera (on the plane), looking for the pics of the spoils I had to blow myself up with and the other pictures we took... I cannot find any of them! I am going to look again as soon as possible, but I bet the idiot that went through my camera deleted my pictures (accidentally or through stupidity). I am so F'ing Mad right now its not even funny!!! I will post any pics I can recover from the memory card, and the ones of the cigars ASAP. Rick, send me the pic(s) you took so I will have more than I have now.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Great post, too bad about your pics though. Can't delete the memories you have, and you guys are making some good ones. Post what you got, love to see them.
    Too true the memories are awesome!

Photobucket
    DSWarmack on the left (you dont wear badges when your deployed) & Rick on the right.
    Photobucket
    For those of you that need glasses thats 27 sticks! I was only limited by the space I had available. I had to transport these back via mil air, and their baggage service sucks. A complete list of sticks is posted below:

7 Gurkha Titans and 1 Crest
    El Titan De Bronze Redemption Maduro
    LFD Airbender Chisel
    2 AVO XO
    2 Illusione Singular Phantoms
    Zino Embassy Selection
    Vieje Skull and Bones WMD
    San Lotano Conneticut
    Man-o-war and an Armada
    Viaje Holiday Blend
    Ramon Allones (ISOM)
    Padillia Series '65
    Mi Barrio
    Cain Daytona
    CAO La Traviat
    G&G My Father
    and an AF Anejo Shark

Because I lost all the pictures on the plane, I can't tell you what I had to leave behind, but let me tell you the selection process was like Selections for Special Forces! There was not a bad stick in the lot, as a matter of fact they were all premium to uber premium. I was floored by the selection, then even more floored when he told me toake all that I could. Not only did he hit me with all these great sticks, but he also gifted me a bad @$$ glass Pictured below. It has a colored handle, not something I've seen before. It is not one that you can go out and buy, you have to get it from one of the restraunts.

Beer,Cigar
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember Kulmbacher bier quite well, if you were drinking that it would account for any lapses of memory in packing your camera, etc. Sounds like a great time. :)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:
    I remember Kulmbacher bier quite well, if you were drinking that it would account for any lapses of memory in packing your camera, etc. Sounds like a great time. :)

You are right my friend.

Had to look out for you and guys in the club. You were in my A O. Man, that was a good HERF.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    the generosity of guys in this forum is unparalleled. that's a great memory you guys shared.
    Even without beer (damned regulations) it was a great HERF! I cannot wait till we are both in the states and can do it again, or I have to go back to Germany for some reason. I had a blast, and while I got out the door with a bunch of great cigars and that bad @$$ glass, the company was the best part. It was nice to actually get to meet this guy, and the company trumped any gift he gave (and he gave some great ones)!
    DSWarmack:
    Even without beer (damned regulations) it was a great HERF! I cannot wait till we are both in the states and can do it again, or I have to go back to Germany for some reason. I had a blast, and while I got out the door with a bunch of great cigars and that bad @$$ glass, the company was the best part. It was nice to actually get to meet this guy, and the company trumped any gift he gave (and he gave some great ones)!

Thanks man, but you know how it is. We get along with anyone if given the chance. That's the military way. Figure it out, if it doesn't want to be figured out forget it. It is what it is. When we get back, it just makes for a better time. We will have beer, lol.........
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Mother of God! That's it no herfing with Rick when he gets back this is too crazy! Nice hit Rick!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff all around, I'm jealous!
    Light 'em up.