Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Rocky vintage 90 seconds

Just tried to smoke another vintage 90 seconds, it's like trying to suck molasses through a straw! Out of the 8 I smoked so far only 2 were ok, several tasted like crap, I'm throwing almost half of the 15 I purchased away due to lousy taste and bad draw. I'm a huge RP fan, I've never had a bad vintage 90 in the firsts, they say the only thing wrong with the seconds is cosmetic blemish's. It's more than blemish's, is RP pulling a fast one, because I'm not impressed at all, very disappointed in the product. Anyone else having any problems with RP seconds.

Comments

• Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    I've had the exact same issue with the AB Tempus seconds I purchased awhile back. Smoked 5 of the 15, and every single one burned like *** and tasted almost as bad. Cosmetic blemishes my ass.

Never had the RP seconds, but I'll probably stay away from all seconds at this point.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's crazy. As i said in the other thread, I've never had any problems, but I got mine a year or more ago. I actually had a 90 second earlier this week with no problems as ususal. How long ago did you get yours? I hear that RP quality has really declined lately, but I haven't bought any RPs lately so I can't say so for myself and don't want to spread an unsubstantiated rumor.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    After reading this thread and another one recently about problems with the 2nds I decided to light up my ery first one today. I bought a mazo of 15 back in March. I've had them sitting in my cooler since the day they came in. All I can say is that the one I had was GREAT! Flavor was spot on, burn was great (except for a couple of touch ups to the wrapper, but that might have to do with smoking it while I was driving with the window down). I'm hoping that any problems people have had with these is just random. I love the regulars and the 2nds just fit my budget better. If I end up with any bad ones I will update this thread. I plan to burn a few more of these in the next couple of weeks during a fishing weekend.

Rob
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I don't know. I never bought any seconds of any cigar. The only house brands I ever bought were those from C.Com. The term "seconds" make me thing Generic which I don't buy either. Maybe I have been wasting my money and don't know it.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I am thinking maybe they need to age awhile. If you're gonna throw them away, I'd be happy to take them off your hands and give one a try.

"Long ashes my friends."