Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

The Wolfman - Sandusky Bay Cigars

This cigar was gifted to me by bacon.jay all I can say is thank you brother!

First 1/3 – This cigar hits first and hard with an explosion of flavor. Strong notes of mocha with a nice layer of spice; rich aromatic smoke spirals from the foot. The first inch of this cigar is pure genius.

Second 1/3 – Going into the second part of this cigar the spice fades away and a rich tobacco taste takes over with strong notes of black coffee.

Final 1/3 – The final part of this cigar cranks up the power. Seriously strong, heavy smoke; here the coffee is only noticeable on the retro-hale.

Construction – The first half burned perfectly but I had some burn issues toward the end.

Thoughts – What struck me about the first half of this cigar was the amount of flavor and strength it had remaining smooth and very smoke-able. I haven’t smoked every cigar in the world but the first half of this cigar is as near perfection as I have experienced. The second half was not as flavorful but it remained a very enjoyable smoke to the end. It’s also worth mentioning that this cigar doesn’t leave that heavy, thick lingering taste that a lot of full bodied cigars leave.