Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

La Reloba Mexico Seleccion

Like many of you, I am a big Pepin fan. I discovered the La Reloba brand last summer when I tried the Sumatra and have had them in my rotation ever since. I was at my local B&M store and one of the guys that works there points out that they have a new La Reloba blend, the Mexico Seleccion. It is named for the San Andres Mexican wrapper, and the flavor it imparts is really good, making me an instant fan of Mexican tobacco wrappers. I am told that Padron uses this wrapper on their Anniversary series, but I have yet to try one. Like most Pepins, it has a good peppery flavor, combined with a lot of sweet cedar, and it gets spicier as you go. This is a great smoke and I highly recommend it, as well as their Sumatra. The La Reloba brand is fairly affordable, running around $5.50 for their toro size, a lot of bang for the buck.

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Smoked one of these on Cinco de Mayo, and loved it.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeMosley:
    Like many of you, I am a big Pepin fan. I discovered the La Reloba brand last summer when I tried the Sumatra and have had them in my rotation ever since. I was at my local B&M store and one of the guys that works there points out that they have a new La Reloba blend, the Mexico Seleccion. It is named for the San Andres Mexican wrapper, and the flavor it imparts is really good, making me an instant fan of Mexican tobacco wrappers. I am told that Padron uses this wrapper on their Anniversary series, but I have yet to try one. Like most Pepins, it has a good peppery flavor, combined with a lot of sweet cedar, and it gets spicier as you go. This is a great smoke and I highly recommend it, as well as their Sumatra. The La Reloba brand is fairly affordable, running around $5.50 for their toro size, a lot of bang for the buck.
    pm sent