Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

H. Upmann

super fuerte. has anyone had any of these and if so what did you think. I got 20 of em coming.

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    The only NC Upmanns I have smoked that I didn't hate were the Vintage Cameroons, and those aren't really anything to write home about... so no, not a fan. I don't care for much from General or Altadis in... general though. Crap cigars, stolen names.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    docbp87:
    general though. Crap cigars, stolen names.
    haha, harsh man. I'll give GCC some support here. Can't speak to H Upman, but . . . .

1. La Gloria Cubana is a General Cigar and they out out some great cigars. The original Sumatra is a favorite of mine and the Series R is solid.
    2. Punch is a very good brand as well and totally underrated. The double Maduro is an excellent value and they have some other tasty blends as well.
    3.Partagas is solid too. My favorite is the Black label but the original cameroon line is solid as well.

General cigar company does have a bad rap but they do put out some solid smokes. The prices are usually not as negotiable, and they might not be as complex as alot of the boutique brands, but there are alot of good cigars coming out of GCC. Also, I have to mention the amazing construction and consistency. So IMO GCC puts out some good smokes if you find what you like.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every Upmann I've had has ranged from decent to pretty damn good. Not usually my first choice, although I did get a Vintage Camaroon and a Sun Grown a couple weeks ago, which both fell into the "pretty damn good" column. Hope you enjoy yours.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    boydmcgowan:
    docbp87:
    haha, harsh man. I'll give GCC some support here. Can't speak to H Upman, but . . . .

1. La Gloria Cubana is a General Cigar and they out out some great cigars. The original Sumatra is a favorite of mine and the Series R is solid.
    2. Punch is a very good brand as well and totally underrated. The double Maduro is an excellent value and they have some other tasty blends as well.
    3.Partagas is solid too. My favorite is the Black label but the original cameroon line is solid as well.

General cigar company does have a bad rap but they do put out some solid smokes. The prices are usually not as negotiable, and they might not be as complex as alot of the boutique brands, but there are alot of good cigars coming out of GCC. Also, I have to mention the amazing construction and consistency. So IMO GCC puts out some good smokes if you find what you like.

LGC is definitely the exception, and I think that is entirely thanks to Ernesto P. Carillo.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    docbp87:
    boydmcgowan:
    docbp87:

LGC is definitely the exception, and I think that is entirely thanks to Ernesto P. Carillo.
    Exactly. I'm right there with you the EP Carillo impact on LGC still being so good. I do like a few others from General too, Punch and a few Partagas, but LGC is the only one from GCC thats in my regular "favorites" rotation.