Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Casa Fernandez Arganosa Leaf Toro

Hello all coming to you from the sunny shores of Treasure Island. Off on vacation this week so able to pick up some dolls to try. Sorry for not snapping a pic so here is my best substitute.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Preflight: Dark brown wrapper with a sweet grassy note. Draw of cocoa and earthy. Arganosa leaf is new to me and I'm excited by the prospect. I believe it is all Nicaragua wrap, binder, filler.
First third: Cocoa and leather dominate with a back note of earthiness. A lot of volume in smoke and the ash is a flaky dark grey and black. Strength is medium but full in body.
Second third: Taste of Corojo noted with the cedary leathery twang associated with the Corojo but with much balance. Also a dry sweetness in the retrohale. A black cherry note on the finish.
Final third: Really nice almost dark cocoa flavor with all the flavors of the second third. Very smooth with the leather flavor in the finish. No bite in the finish which can cover up flavors. Taste of Almond in the final stages.
Final thougths: This is a contender with it's full flavor and medium strength. Picking up the flavors in this cigar was easy and my plate is not overworked. It is a dry finish but in a nice way. I believe a box purchase is warranted for aging. Although it does not need it. Burn can be little off at times but self correcting. A very enjoyable smoke I can look forward to. A different spin on Corojo for sure.

Comments

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Great review buddy, sounds like a must try stick.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Sounds amazing!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I have to dissagree with this review (but love the picture). I tried the stick and found it to have an odd flavor that I did not have before in a stick and a bit of charcoal on the finish------but differences like this are the beauty of this hobby I guess.............I will say the Arsenio by Casa Fernandez is a great stick however.
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Vulchor:
    I have to dissagree with this review (but love the picture). I tried the stick and found it to have an odd flavor that I did not have before in a stick and a bit of charcoal on the finish------but differences like this are the beauty of this hobby I guess.............I will say the Arsenio by Casa Fernandez is a great stick however.

I had similar experiance on other smokes so I can understand why. I got that from a Liga T-52 and hated it. Others seem to love the T52. Arsenio is a great cigar so we can agree there. I would smoke another one just in case if you haven't already.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with you totally on the T-52