Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

brickhouse

Has anyone tried these? I see there on order on this site. I got one at my local shop. They actually had decent prices. Opus x fuente fuente for $18. I thought that was pretty good. Any comments?

Comments

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Brickhouse are awesome man, your in for a serious treat.

I don't remember flavor profiles or anything but I do rememebr that they were a full bodied full flavored pretty powerful little smoke, with exceptional balance. LOTS of spice in the first part if I remember, but then it smoothes out and your in for a great ride. Really an awesome little smoke all the way through. Very simple, rustic feeling with great flavor which I think matches the art Deco band. Its a JC newman B&M only blend, and I wish I knew somewhere were I could get them . . . . did you say their online now? I can't check at work so i'l have to wait till I get home but if Ccom carries them now thats a good thing . . . .

Anyway to get back on track here its an awesome cigar that has also made it to the top 25 cigars for the year from a certain magazine. So its a very well respected cigar in the community as well.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    Brickhouse are awesome man, your in for a serious treat.

I don't remember flavor profiles or anything but I do rememebr that they were a full bodied full flavored pretty powerful little smoke, with exceptional balance. LOTS of spice in the first part if I remember, but then it smoothes out and your in for a great ride. Really an awesome little smoke all the way through. Very simple, rustic feeling with great flavor which I think matches the art Deco band. Its a JC newman B&M only blend, and I wish I knew somewhere were I could get them . . . . did you say their online now? I can't check at work so i'l have to wait till I get home but if Ccom carries them now thats a good thing . . . .

Anyway to get back on track here its an awesome cigar that has also made it to the top 25 cigars for the year from a certain magazine. So its a very well respected cigar in the community as well.
    x2
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    I'm not really great with flavors yet, still working on it, but I've had the robusto and the churchill, enjoyed both of them. No burn issues with either one.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    I'm not really great with flavors yet, still working on it, but I've had the robusto and the churchill, enjoyed both of them. No burn issues with either one.
    me too,, just now starting to figure them out after over a year and a half,got a bh sampler awhile back, all good
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Good stick
  • Options
    MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    I agree with the others, it's a decent stick. Certainly worth a try
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I did not care for it much although I have only tried one stick. Should probably give it another go to see for sure.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Smoked one of these that was a gift from bandyt09, I enjoyed it. I'd definitely smoke another and pick some up.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i wasnt a fan
    i was surprised it got rated as well as it did
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    +1
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Its solid, that is the drawing point. Not complex, not amazing----but solid burn, solid construction, good taste, ect. Nothing special, but at the pricepoint when your in the mood for a "woody" smoke, its about as good as you can get at a b&m or just buying a stick at a time.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    This is one of those I think people get WAY carried away about for whatever reason. The hype is astounding. They are good middle of the road sticks IMO. Very one dimensional flavors, mostly just tobacco, wood and pepper. The adjectives I see describing these blow my mind sometimes. And not anywhere near full bodied or strength. Medium at best. Anyone that think s they are full, try a Padron 80 for a proper gauge of full.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    kuzi16:
    i wasnt a fan
    i was surprised it got rated as well as it did
    +1 I have one left in the humi... Not really excited to set fire to it.

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Vulchor:
    Its solid, that is the drawing point. Not complex, not amazing----but solid burn, solid construction, good taste, ect. Nothing special, but at the pricepoint when your in the mood for a "woody" smoke, its about as good as you can get at a b&m or just buying a stick at a time.
    this probably makes sense as to why I liked it so much. I'm a middle of the road guy who loves the taste of tobacco and I don't really dig overly complex smokes. Wood nuts some spice and leather are my faovirite flaovor profiles so I think this cigar hits on the wood, nuts and spice and since its a very simple old school cigar I love the thing.

Anyway, IMO this is a VERY good cigar and alot of people like it quite a bit. Hype or no hype, living up to that hype is a matter of personal opinion. I smoked one about 2 years back which was given to me by a buddy and I didn' tknow a thing about it and I loved it. So I stand by my opinion that this is a very high quality smoke thats got great flavors though one dimensional, which is fine by me. I could be wrong, but I also think it was one of the first to try the B&M only thing until recently when AJ, San Lotano, and CAO, La Traviata, jumped on the train, and I think thats a cool idea even though I'm a CCom loyalist.

That being said I'm pumped its online now. Also I'm suprised that this thing is a love it or hate it cigar, wasn't expecting that. Always interesting to see different opinions.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    This is the only cigar I will actually drive to buy. Your in for A great experience. Make sure to eat first though. This ones got backbone.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Good cigar, got a box coming from the Beard. Looking forward to smoking one soon.
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    I was not impressed with this one. Got a 5 pack from a local B&M and construction was terrible on 4 out of the 5. One was plugged and the other 3 split or started to come apart. The one out of the pack that held together was only "ok" in my opinion. It didn’t suck, but it didn’t make me want to buy more either. Best I can describe it was a dry woody flavor but over all just seemed very flat and a bit boring. The guy at the store hyped it as a “strong medium” but I think it was more of a strong mild at best.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    lonewolf2011:
    I was not impressed with this one. Got a 5 pack from a local B&M and construction was terrible on 4 out of the 5. One was plugged and the other 3 split or started to come apart. The one out of the pack that held together was only "ok" in my opinion. It didn’t suck, but it didn’t make me want to buy more either. Best I can describe it was a dry woody flavor but over all just seemed very flat and a bit boring. The guy at the store hyped it as a “strong medium” but I think it was more of a strong mild at best.
    I agree I was not impressed at all by this smoke.
    I have one left from a 5 pack I got last christmas... maybe I'll revisit it someday.

• Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed them, but they are not the best. If you want more of an everyday type stick, then go for it. I have also found that just because something has a super rating doesn't really mean much. I go off of what my palate tells me. If I like it then great. If not, then I won't revisit it after the second or third try.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Smoking one right now. One day ROTT at 65% rh in humi? Pepper at the light, nice woodsy tobacco flavor in the first third. Sitting in the garage with the wife watching netflix, life is good.