Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

My Father No.1

lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
Ring Gauge:  52
Cigar Length:  5.25 inches

This is my first My Father cigar ever.
Nice oily chocolate brown with a beautiful triple cap and 2 medium veins.
This cigar is a nice solid feeling cigar that has a great earthy cedar aroma.
Cut with a xikar, tosted with a colibri, paired with a HC.

1/3 - First couple puffs hit me with a strong leather and slight pepper that changed over to a leather with roasted nuts all in 5 min! Im enjoying this 1/3rd so far.

The burn is super straight with a great looking peppery gray ash that holds for about an inch at a time.
2/3 - the cigar hasn't changed much besides a coffee and a very very slight hint of sweetness coming out of the strong leather and roasted nuts.

3/3 - finishing off strong this cigar has a great earth, and roasted nuts with the leather disappearing and being replaced wit a stronger pepper. Once the thick creamy smoke is gone I also pick up that coffee and sweetness towards back.

Final thought on this cigar is ... "awesome smoke!" Overall a great flavor bomb that keeps on changing in a way that it makes you want to smoke it none stop. It's a medium/full smoke that would go great after a nice meal.

Comments

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    How do you have time to type a review while vacationing in Cancun? Who does that, hardcore my man. Nice review......
  • Options
    Lol I've been wanting to do one a day but just got one so far. This is all being done while my lady sleeps. Lol
  • Options
    drpepperdudedrpepperdude Posts: 298
    nice review. Gonna have to pick up one of these and try it!

• Options
    MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    Great review. This line and Le Bijou 1922 I want to try more than anything else! Someday I'll finally get around to it.
  • Options
    I forgot who sent this to me. I think it was Todd. From what I hear there about $ 8-10 and I think its worth the money. Sure it's not a daily but I good smoke to try of have in the rotation for a weekly smoke.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Great review man . . . these have been on my radar for a while now but I keep either forgetting or buyting something else when the time comes. Even more so now. I'm trying to subtly drop hints to the wife that the My Father sampler would be a good fathers day gift . . . .